• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help from clever people.

Tiabrac

Alpha Buck
We are having building work starting in a weeks time and are going to be really squeezed inside for space. I was thinking of nic cubes so that I can reconfigure when necessary, thing is being useless at maths I can't work out how many I would need to accommodate two buns adequately the cubes measure 14" (35.56cm) in width x 14" (35.56cm) in height x 14" (35.56cm) in depth.
Plus are they sturdy enough I've only got dog crates as a base as they usually have run of the downstairs I haven't used nic cubes before.

Someone clever help me out please.

How big are your two bunnies? they will need at least two high and you will also need a NIC roof. I would suggest using cable ties to make it more secure.

You could probably get away with two wide, and maybe 3-5 long depending on what space you have available and how big your bunnies are. Its only temporary (as I understand it) so it doesn't have to be a palace.

Thank you Sky-O. They are a Rex and a Lop so both quite small well I think so anyway. I have plenty of cable ties and also have some puppy panels. I found with the panels that Tia treated them as a challenge and would shake them and lift them until she could escape. Little darling!:angel: Hence the question about how good the cubes are.

I find the cubes with connectors are rubbish. I don't use connectors at all, just cable ties and we put in support posts (I have a big 5x2x7 cage in my room thats as sturdy as they come thanks to my dad).

Little padlocks you can buy at places like B&Q are brilliant for holding the doors on so they can't chew out or accidently get out.

I find the cubes with connectors are rubbish. I don't use connectors at all, just cable ties and we put in support posts (I have a big 5x2x7 cage in my room thats as sturdy as they come thanks to my dad).

Little padlocks you can buy at places like B&Q are brilliant for holding the doors on so they can't chew out or accidently get out.

Wonder which connectors are with yours, ours are grey things and are pretty good and I tend to use the connectors only, or with cable ties just in case but mine have learnt how to chew through the cable ties. :evil: :roll:

My connectors are black, but they are not designed to hold such a massive construction and they fall apart :roll: (I've had NIC cages for over three years and have done my fair share of experimenting and failing with them :lol:).

My connectors are black, but they are not designed to hold such a massive construction and they fall apart :roll: (I've had NIC cages for over three years and have done my fair share of experimenting and failing with them :lol:).

Ah, sounds like these are different then, maybe more sturdy, although I've never built more than two high but have done a few different configurations.

:lol: How girlie are we describing it by colour and that's the be all and end all.

Connectors would probably work fine for a smaller creation, although even then mine were tempermental. Helpful little turds they were!

Back