• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hmmm great big chunks of fur!!! *cry*

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Ive just noticed big chunks of fur everywhere :cry::cry::cry:
Black and white (so either Sooty or mittens) - Mittens Im guessing - Ohh nooo please dont let this be starting again!

Looks like they have had a tiff in the night? :?
They all happily ate their breakfast together this morning so Im really confused...

Could it be moult??

I would think there was some chasing during the night, maybe something spooked them, as long as they seem ok this morning I wouldn't worry too much, they will still be sorting things out as they haven't been together that long..

Ive just noticed big chunks of fur everywhere :cry::cry::cry:
Black and white (so either Sooty or mittens) - Mittens Im guessing - Ohh nooo please dont let this be starting again!

Looks like they have had a tiff in the night? :?
They all happily ate their breakfast together this morning so Im really confused...

Could it be moult??

Not sure but a couple of weeks ago I found some Bobby coloured tufts of fur on the floor :cry:

Think Carlo had tried once again to become top bun, and failed. They are fine now together, but I think it is a bit normal for them to sometimes fall out.

A tiff doesn't mean the breaking of a bond. Just keep an eye on them. Two will have had a disagreement.

They've just moved into their Aviary, haven't they? Probably just sorting out their hierarchy. Try not to worry right now.

I would think there was some chasing during the night, maybe something spooked them, as long as they seem ok this morning I wouldn't worry too much, they will still be sorting things out as they haven't been together that long..

I agree with this. Probably a case of watching and keeping an eye but not doing anything right now, other than checking for injuries on the buns you suspect it might be.

Thank you...
Yes they have been in their avairy 5 days now with no probs, when I went out this morning Charlie and oreo were snuggled together, Mittens was nomming hay and sooty was sat out in the run - I have just put fresh hay in and they all jumped in and started nomming... Charlie is seeming quiet at the moment but he ate his greens - Im probably just looking too much into it - I will keep an eye thank you...luckily im off work today and tomorrow.

Its just alarming isnt it :cry::cry:

Thank you...
Yes they have been in their avairy 5 days now with no probs, when I went out this morning Charlie and oreo were snuggled together, Mittens was nomming hay and sooty was sat out in the run - I have just put fresh hay in and they all jumped in and started nomming... Charlie is seeming quiet at the moment but he ate his greens - Im probably just looking too much into it - I will keep an eye thank you...luckily im off work today and tomorrow.

Its just alarming isnt it :cry::cry:

Yes and I was the same, untill RU put my mind at ease, and it hasn't happened since

Oh dear. :( It's early days for them in their deluxe new premises, so hopefully all will sort out well. Bet you'll be hovering over them rather a lot on your days off. ;)

Oh dear. :( It's early days for them in their deluxe new premises, so hopefully all will sort out well. Bet you'll be hovering over them rather a lot on your days off. ;)

Any excuse ;)

I feel a bit better now, the good thing is I can see them from every room - So I can sneakily keep an eye without them knowing!

I checked them all - and there seems to be no obvious injuries..

I occasionally find chunks of Mae's fur laying around, probably one of them thought "I'll try and gain some dominance" but was put back in thier place :wave:

Back