• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sponsoring a rabbit/donations (Scotland)

rosiered83

New Kit
Hi, I wondered if someone could help and direct me to a rabbit sanctuary in Scotland preferably that either needs sponsorship of bunnys or just needs donations - I have looked through the list on this site but can't seem to get through to a link. I lost my house bunny Freckles on Thursday (he had to be put down) and am finding it very hard getting used to life without him as he was such a little character. I hope one day I'll feel ready to adopt another rabbit but for the time being it would make me feel a bit better to help out some other rabbit in his memory. Thanks in advance,
Lisa

SSPCA do sponser a pen, so you can sponser a bunny while it is there, then when its rehomed and another bunny moves into the pen, then you sponser that one :) You can visit them anytime you like too!

Thankyou for the suggestions, now just have to decide which one to go for! I got a nice card from the vet this morning, so that set me off again, but it was a nice gesture from them. I think the staff there must have had a soft spot for him. My wanting to donate some money is probably more for selfish reasons to alleviate my own guilt, as I wasn't able to be there when Freckles was put to sleep -the vet said its kinder for them to be anaesthetized (sp) first, and we weren't allowed to be there for that happening. But I know how much Freckles hated trips to the vet so his last moments probably weren't very nice for him. And I hope putting him to sleep was the right decision, its just so hard when you don't know how much pain they are in. xx

that was really lovely of your vets :love:

i have been there 3 times now when we have had to have an animal put to sleep. our dog when i was a teen, my moms dog :cry: and my beautiful Pearl bunny.... all 3 of them were not fully aware of what was happening so please dont worry how your angel was feeling in them last moments, i think they already start to slip away before we even get them to the vets so its not quite the same as the usual stress for them.

sending loads of virtual hugs, hope you find the strength to post a tribute and pic in the rainbow bridge section (if you havent already). the well wishes from people who have lived with the loss of a precious bun really does bring comfort xxx

'Paws here' looks lovely, I like how they send you photos,updates etc and you can 'give presents'. So many lovely bunnys. Thankyou for your help.

I have had a wee look through Rainbow Bridge, everyone seems very supportive and nice, but I'm new to this site and cant even figure out how to post a photo...maybe one day! xx

Back