• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hot topics?

Why is Hot Topic's in the Rabbit welfare section? Would it not be better in General Chat? :?

I found it the other day and thought "Oooooh! What a great section." ....but then realised that the only hot topics were the ones from RW. So I looked at the other sections...but there weren't any! *sniff**sob*:cry:

Hot topics is designed for rabbit related debates that are a bit controversial and have a tendency to get heated - things that are relevant to the forum and rabbit owners but need extra attention from the mods. Most of those are related to welfare so it sits in there.

General chat is for a friendly chat on non rabbit related stuff. If you get heated in there it will get locked. Every post in the hot topics section needs to be read and approved by a mod so I don't think it's fair to create extra work for them so people can have heated debates about politics or religion etc. - there are lots of other forums on the web if you wanna do that :)

Hot topics is designed for rabbit related debates that are a bit controversial and have a tendency to get heated - things that are relevant to the forum and rabbit owners but need extra attention from the mods. Most of those are related to welfare so it sits in there.

General chat is for a friendly chat on non rabbit related stuff. If you get heated in there it will get locked. Every post in the hot topics section needs to be read and approved by a mod so I don't think it's fair to create extra work for them so people can have heated debates about politics or religion etc. - there are lots of other forums on the web if you wanna do that :)

So why has a thread on feeding a baby a Vegan diet been moved to Hot Topics?

So why has a thread on feeding a baby a Vegan diet been moved to Hot Topics?

There are a few GC topics, including abortion, and the death penalty. I guess it's better than them just being locked straight away.

Not having read the whole things they either are in some way animal related or the mods where being nice. I'll remind them just to lock topics instead - sorry for the confusion :)

But the vegan baby one hasnt got heated to the point that it needs locking has it? As far as i was aware, it was just a looooong convo.

Can totally understand why you wouldnt want to increase workloads of mods tho but thought that maybe a hot topics in the general section sounded like a good idea as its where people sort of come together and can cover all topics such as those in there.

Last edited:
Not having read the whole things they either are in some way animal related or the mods where being nice. I'll remind them just to lock topics instead - sorry for the confusion :)

There was no need for it to be locked or moved to anywhere as it was a general chat that was all.

There was no need for it to be locked or moved to anywhere as it was a general chat that was all.

agreed. By moving it to Hot topics it just killed the thread as most people didn't know where it had gone or probably thought it had been deleted. It's very hard to carry on a thread when what you have written has to be approved first.

I'm not sure we need to have threads locked at all to be honest. If someone makes a personal attack on someone else then that post can be removed but to end a discussion completely defeats the object of having a general chat forum.
Maybe it would be better just having rabbit related topics if we're not allowed to discus general hot topics! :?

Back