• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

got mums bunny....and shes very down and scared

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
she stays with us a few times a year for panacuring and whenever she gets stasis etc and needs nursing and medicating.

she hasnt stayed with us since salem dropped dead. Our cat used to love having her to stay...him and his sister kept her company a lot.....even when i came up to bed.

salem was her favourite out of the two cats as he was so bunnylike.

im not sleeping upstairs but its not the first time shes slept up there without me.
zuzu is still mourning her brother.....and weve taken on two kittens and shes slowly trying to be brave enough to meet them.

hunnybunny has gone downhill since arriving...she used to love staying here...maybe salem was the reason.

shes terrified of me but angry at the same time. shes eating drinking and peeing n pooping great. shes loose in my room but not allowed under the bed as id never be able to panacur her:lol:

ive never ever seen her like this over here....:(

zuzu and her are sitting next to each other through the pen panels and zuzu has been in the area with her and its almost like shes told mums bun and poor thing is mourning salem too!!

dont tell me interspecies communication isnt real cos ive seen it sooo many times between our buns and cats...and mums bun too.

mums away for 2 weeks and so im having her for three weeks maybe four depending on mine and nikkis health.....
mum always lets her out bout 7.30 am...8am latest.....and will never ever concede...shes says hunnybunnys miserable and she cant look at her. mm but i get epileptic blackouts and fits and cant say yes i will be fine to do this everyday...id be lucky if itd be one day!!

ive been told maybe i should have got my mum to put her bunny into boarding...but i was like heck its fine she loves coming over here and we love having her over. salem especially as he got her to get up on the windowsill with him and zuzu to watch cars go past...people walking dogs etc

could it be my mum was soo stressed for weeks that it finaly took hold..plus im really ill.......and salem isnt here that hunnybunny is stressed and miserable?

i want to bring her downstairs but i think shes got more room up there..lots of her toys and ours......warm pipes under the floorboards for our water....and she loves sleeping on that spot:lol:

im taking each day as it comes....i think i will leave getting her vaccs done till shes back home with my mum.

sigh......poor thing...

I do hope she perks up a bit. It must be hard for animals to understand what is happening when one of their companions disappears :(

I'm very new to rabbits, but I do think they can pick up on anxieties and have problems when their routine changes. Hope things pick up for you and your guest rabbit soon.

thank you.

good news..at tea time hunnybunny had to confess shed made an escape route:oops:

shed been running loose with zuzu:oops:

i gave her some pellets and fresh water....and some stalky hay. i callled her and she was asleep right where i thought shed be...as usual over the water pipes lol.

i called her and she came up for a noserub and cheeky rubs...she seemed sooo much more relaxed...phew!

i left her escape patch in its place and weve heard her running round upstairs in both bedrooms and the landing..on her own....then just now with zuzu:lol:

im so relieved!! bless her..shes s mummys spoilt little girl but behaves herself here..so funny..shes got my mum wrapper round her paw:lol::lol:

im starting her panacur tomorrow so shes really comfy here like she normaly is.

guess my mum being soooo stressed must have really been a catalyst for a scared angry lonely bun....and finding out her beloved kitty pals have lost her fave kitty friend...was so upsetting.

Back