• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay, I made bunny treats.

BevBunny

Mama Doe
I mentioned this on another thread a few days ago. Its both of my bunnies birthdays soon (halloween and bonfire night - my boyfriend always chooses dates that I have a hope of remembering!) so I started thinking about what to buy them. They have everything they could possible want, all the toys they could want, fluffy blankets, cool bowls, teddies etc etc.

I decided I'd try to make them some treats, struggled to find a recipe so I made one up.

I used ground up pellets and oats (both porridge oats and whole oats) as the dry ingredients, then used mashed banana to bind them together. I also put tiny cubes of apple in one half of the mixture. Rolled out put between two sheets of baking parchment, cut out shapes and baked. I also left them in the oven as it was cooling to make sure they properly dried out (read this in a recipe for making dog kibble).

They worked and the bunnies love them. Its quite ridiculous how excited I got, and am taking some to work tomorrow for my friends with bunnies. :D

Heres a pic, they're about 2cm across.
bunnytreats2.jpg

Bev xx

Last edited:
Back