• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how big?

Peanutpie

New Kit
Hi, recently i got a french lop ear female who is great company but as i have only had dutch rabbits before i was wondering how big she would get? At five months she is already bigger than my 3 year old dutch..:shock:

Cheers to any brainy owners out there.:rabbit2:

French lops are part of the giant rabbit breed so they do grow pretty big. The good news is they are the most soppy loving squishy rabbits (not that I'm biased;)) My Darcy is about the size of a small dog.

Big. :mrgreen:
They need lots of space, like a shed conversion or being a house rabbit. :)

Yes, she will probably get 5kgs plus... wheres the piccies :D

Agree with what everyone else has said, I have had 4 giant buns including a frenchie and 3 of them have/had breed related health problems.

I have a male frenchy called Darwin, he's almost 2 so must be fully grown by now and he's about 4.5kg. They do vary quite a lot so my fella is a small one.

I have two Frenchies and they're getting pretty big and havent finished growing yet! Sizes of course vary but you can probably bet on between 5kg and 7kg. I think mine will be about the 6.5kg mark :)

Sorry people, no very good at the computermabob/camera thing.. tried putting pictures on snapfish but then i got confused and gave up .. help . .:cry:

Back