• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no....i need vibes please, my Herbie isn't eating. Update 18/10 7.40pm

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
As title, Herbie is not eating.

He ate his pellets and veg for breakfast then scoffed some alfalfa treat hay that i put down at lunch time.

But since then he has been sitting in the corner and wont touch a thing. I have tried him with everything he likes.

I called the vets and i have given him Metacam, pineapple juice and some critical care.
He is moulting just now so i think that it might be a blockage of some sort :(

Just hope the meds and pineapple start working and get him eating.

Its darned hard to try to feed him as Inca keeps eating everything!

Last edited:
awww sending him loads of vibes... make him run about if you can hun, that usually helps to kickstart alvins gut along with the miracle that is metacam.

Sending loads of vibes.

Did you syringe the Critical Care? If he is suspected of having a blockage it might be better only to syringe fluids until you know for sure.

Everything crossed for Herbie. The really important thing along with pain relief is plenty of fluids, if it's suspected that a fur ball's stuck.
It's keeping everything in the gut from drying out, so it's nice & soft to squeeze through.

Sending loads of vibes for Herbie.

We had a similar problem with Starbuck when he was moulting, wet dandelions, wet grass, wet parsley and wet spring greens helped to keep things moving and tempting him to eat. Obviously I cant say in place of vets advice, but that worked for him, along with two types of pain relief and syringe feeding which he hated (so did I).

Please drink and nom Herbie x

Still not eating :(

Inca is now cleaning the overspill of critical care off his face and he is just sitting there.

This is a nightmare!

Still not eating :(

Inca is now cleaning the overspill of critical care off his face and he is just sitting there.

This is a nightmare!

Oh no, have you tried Herbie on some fresh herbs, we find when everything else fails herbs sometimes seem to tempt them and get them eating.

Oh that reminds me, grated/pureed apple got Starby interested in eating again, have you tried that for him?

Back