• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have all your rabbits on the same food

hurricanhoney

Wise Old Thumper
I have my rabbits on about 5 different foods and it is really getting silly now.

Honey is on Bunny Basics because of her teeth

Merlin and Wesley have science selective, careplus and a bit of bunny basics - this was because Merlin had problems keeping his weight on but this appears to be sorted now.

Diego on A & P

Frankie and Kassy on a mix of Johnson's Rabbit Royale and Careplus as Frankie had problems keeping his weight on and statis.

I'm going to drop Science Selective and Johnson Rabbit Royale once they are finished.

As A & P and Bunny Basics are similar which one should I choose :?

both of ours are on the same foods...but even when we had 4 separate buns they all had the same foods.dont really know what to suggest:?

Yep. All 8 of them on SS with tiny bit of Rabbit Royale mixed in.

Have tried them on cheaper/alternative food, with A&P, some would eat it, some wouldn't, with Excel, some got sticky bums, some didn't, but *touch wood* have had no probs with SS :D

I have 3 different sorts of food. Out of the seven buns 4 have small amout of flake topped up with pellets. One just has flake as she refuses to eat any pellets (i sneak a few in though) and one just has pellets. My dental bun has a small amount of flake mixed with excel pellets as they are the only ones she likes and i can mix with water if her teeth are sore.:D

I have some of mine on SS and some on Excel. Wish also has Junoir Excel. So I guess that's three types. Hey ho.

I have three rabbits living together, so they're all on SS. I used to feed Indy SS Mature and was going to give him BBT, but he passed away. I'm thinking about switching to BBT anyways, for the other three, but still not sure.

I did have 3 different foods between my lot but they are all on ss now and I have had no problems since putting them all on that

My 4 are on Allen and Page, with a smattering of Excel for older bunnies for Salt and Pepper.
The fosters are on Wagg Optimum when they're here.

Yes they are all on A&P, but some arrived eating SS and some arrived eating Excel, but all have been weaned on to A&P (eventually - some buns resisted pretty well!)

I have tried P@H pellets, Excell, A&P and SS. I found both P@H and Excel made Snowdrops runny poo worse, she couldnt maintain weight on A&P and now does well on SS.

I have all 3 on SS and they all love it!

A+P and SS all round.
Phoebe still has Museli in hers, weaning her off it as she will now eat my pellets :D

Back