• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonfire night

kellyh81

Young Bun
I have two outdoor bunnies, with it coming up to bonfire night im worried about what affect the noise of fireworks will have on them. Do i need to move them inside on bonfire night?

It might be best to. I couldn't do this last year so I put thick curtains over the hutches and moved the youngest rabbit into the garage. I also play the radio and sound clips of fireworks in the run up to bonfire night

Thankyou, there have already been fireworks going off so they may well get used to the noise but if the neighbours set them off that mught be too close for comfort. If i bring them inside for one night would it affect their winter coat because of the temperature difference?

They might not care... I have two houserabbits who have 'garden time' twice a day. If fireworks are going off, they never seem to notice or pay any attention. (The closest is a few houses away or a street away. They might not like them going off next door but I've never had an opportunity to find out.)

We had fireworks going off last night, and Suki, who lives in the kitchen, just sort of cocked his ears but wasn't unduly phased by them.

I have two houserabbits who have 'garden time' twice a day. If fireworks are going off, they never seem to notice or pay any attention.

To clarify, I did mean they dont care even when they're outside. They barely twitch an ear. I think it would be different if the noises were up close though.

Thankyou for all your advice, my neighbours either side usually set fireworks off in their garden so im probably best bringing them in the house. they occasionally came inside during the summer so i think they will be okay. i will turn the central heating off for the few hours they are inside once my neighbours have finished i will put them back out.

Thankyou for all your advice, my neighbours either side usually set fireworks off in their garden so im probably best bringing them in the house. they occasionally came inside during the summer so i think they will be okay. i will turn the central heating off for the few hours they are inside once my neighbours have finished i will put them back out.

This is the same for us, both sets of neighbours and neighbours at the back of us set fireworks off .......I was planning on bringnig my outdoor buns in for the night but was worried about the extremes in temperature too!

I was outside with my 2 on Saturday night (in the dark) and someone let quite a few fireworks off in the next street. they flicked their ears but didn't seem at all phased, which I thought was good. Might be different when the neighbours are setting them off :roll: but I'm going to cover them well over and leave them in their hutch.
Bringing them in is stressful for them as they hate it inside and they have VERY thick rexy coats so the change in temp wouldn't be good for them.

Back