• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser eating hay ... well, he was!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Just been out to the hutch to find Spenser EATING HAY! He is busy choosing the thickest and toughest twig-type pieces from Pets at Home bedding hay. :roll::roll: Still, as you an see he is nomming with gusto, so I think we have progress. Not a great photo as the camera focused on the mesh rather than the rabbit.

PA170370.jpg

Last edited:
:shock::shock::shock::love:

Go Spenser!

If he likes big thick bits oxbow oat hay has LOADS of big chunky bits:wave:

They look like they only barely fit in Ginger's mouth:shock::lol:

Aww that's great! I've been trying to get my Sooty to eat more hay for ages so I can imagine how happy you must be to see that!

I think I might have spoken too soon - haven't seen much hay nomming today. :( The upper hutch had its weekly thorough clean today, so I made sure there was plenty of the preferred rubbishy hay on offer. Also hoping very much that he likes the more nutritious hays that will hopefull arrive this week!

Aww good that he was nomming hay before, and hopefully he will like whichever tasty hays are on the way to him!!

Aww good that he was nomming hay before, and hopefully he will like whichever tasty hays are on the way to him!!

He's getting a sample of Oxbow Timothy hay, and some kind of oat hay. GrahamL recommended the Timothy, and I have hopes of the oat hay because it has thick strands.

aww yey glad he's nomming it, maybe he only noms when you aren't looking ;):lol: they do like to worry us like that

aww yey glad he's nomming it, maybe he only noms when you aren't looking ;):lol: they do like to worry us like that

I wish ... the piles don't really go down that much. :( It's hard to monitor because he will only eat hay off the flooor of his hutch.

Back