PDA

View Full Version : Strange bald patch

BeatrixPotter
16-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I've just noticed that Marble has a little bald patch on his neck. I had seen him plucking his fur out a little the other day. It doesnt look sore at all and he is his usual happy self.

Any ideas?

Jack's-Jane
16-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Has he had any injections or vaccinations recently ?

linzi1loveanimals
16-10-2010, 10:30 PM
I was thinking that too, perhaps a mild cylap reaction or he's irritated by the scab at the injection site. He hasn't had any spot-on treatments has he like mite drops?

BevBunny
16-10-2010, 11:08 PM
It can also be indicative of mites. Have a look and see if there is any dry flakey skin on the bald patch. If so, it could well be mites and will need a vet trip for treatment.

The Duchess
16-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Is this post our little bonding session Becky?

Didn't notice anything when he was here, but then again, he was a bit too frisky to sit still for too long.

When you say his neck do you mean round the front or on his shoulders? Could it be where One of the girls pulled some fluff out when mounting?

Grin
17-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Lucky has a bald spot behind his head on his neck and it's where he rubs his head when squeezing into small spaces. Is marble doing anything like that? It's worse because he's moulting too.

BeatrixPotter
17-10-2010, 11:18 AM
He hasnt had any vaccinations recently and the skin looks fine, not flaky at all.

Its on the front of his neck, where his dewlap would be if he was a girly, just under his chin.