• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange bald patch

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I've just noticed that Marble has a little bald patch on his neck. I had seen him plucking his fur out a little the other day. It doesnt look sore at all and he is his usual happy self.

Any ideas?

I was thinking that too, perhaps a mild cylap reaction or he's irritated by the scab at the injection site. He hasn't had any spot-on treatments has he like mite drops?

It can also be indicative of mites. Have a look and see if there is any dry flakey skin on the bald patch. If so, it could well be mites and will need a vet trip for treatment.

Is this post our little bonding session Becky?

Didn't notice anything when he was here, but then again, he was a bit too frisky to sit still for too long.

When you say his neck do you mean round the front or on his shoulders? Could it be where One of the girls pulled some fluff out when mounting?

Lucky has a bald spot behind his head on his neck and it's where he rubs his head when squeezing into small spaces. Is marble doing anything like that? It's worse because he's moulting too.

He hasnt had any vaccinations recently and the skin looks fine, not flaky at all.

Its on the front of his neck, where his dewlap would be if he was a girly, just under his chin.

Back