• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have two new additions U/D day two going well

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
Went out with my borther today and called into the vets to pick some stuff up for Buddy. When the vet called me through to his room. Hate it when he does this but went through. He went through to the back ad came back with a cardboard box and asked if i would be able to help. He said a lady had dropped them off and said that her two bunnies had got jiggy and had babies and these were left and could he find homes. My vet will never say no to taking in and trying to do the best for animals and tried to ask her more questions but he said she turned around and walked out.

I opened the box to find 2 very small bunnies, they were adorable and decided they needed to come home with me. They are two little girls and are very healthy. I had done their hutch and are leaving them to settle in before een thinking about taking photos. so will get some on here. THe vet thinks they are about 6 - 7 weeks old so we are little worried about what happened to the others :shock: Me and my niece have decided to called them Sooty and Sweep as they are both black mini lops we think and one has a little beige on her. She emembers me of blackberry but with lop ears.

Havent had bunnies this small before so any help is happily recieved. I know they are not to have veggies yet as they are too young. Do I still give them hay and how much.

Last edited:
Well guys thanks for looking. Had left baby bunnies alone last night to settle in. Checked on them but no cuddles or fuss. Went out today to feed everyone and Sooty the black one was out and being nosey watching evrything i am doing. Swep stayed in the bed areaand didnt come out. When i opend the door to check themand feed them, Sooty ran into were Sweep was and it was like they are cowering, dreading to be picked up. Didnt pick them up but sat next to the hutch with the door open and was watching Bramble in his run throwing a piece of cabbage around but thats another story lol. After a while Sooty came over an was nudging my arm and hand for attntion. Once she was there then Sweep came over. It seems they have either not been handled much or handled by over excited kids or adults. they ae so so so cute and loving them.

When i find the lead to my camera then the photos will be up i promise lol.

:wave: they are too young to have left mum really, but I suppose if they hdd been dumped at the vets theres not a lot you can do about it!
Well done for taking them..

What are you feeding them on? Babies have very tricky tummies! and As they must be tiny have they got plenty of hay to snuggle into - its cold outside - are they used to being outside?

I have a sooty too - great name!!
Sorry about all the questions but its concerning they are so young :?

Hay is very important! They can have grass too. If they're out side I'd recommend a snugglesafe. Are you going to keep them, or find them a permenant home elsewhere?

Sorry, no experience but good luck with them. Also sorry I missed this last night - seems odd that everyone did. :? Just as suggestion, but you might get more expert advice by posting this in the rabbit care section as well.

I know they are too young to leae mum but hopefully they will be ok and I shall be there new mum. Sorry for saying outside but it is what i call it. They are in a huge double hutch with Buddy being in the top hutch. The hutch is in a shed and this is in the sheltered part of the garden. Because the bed area looks really big with tem in it. I have found a cardboard box and cut a hole in the side and connected it to the partition wall so they come straight into the box. The box is sitting on an old towel. it is full of hay and then there is a towel covering the box too. The door to the shed is closed every night and them seem toasty.

The lady had left a bag of food with the vet but it was musili type and i have never like this but thought it was best to keep them on it an maybe introduce a better pellet food little by little so nipped into pets for home and got Burgess Excel Tasty Nuggets for Junior and Dwarf Rabbits. Never go to petshops bymy house cos it upets me too much but ran in and ran out literally.

Hope i am doing everything right and all advice and question happily recieved.

definatly going to keep them. they are so cute and lovable. My neice is in love with them so keeping them, she loves my bunnies bt her mum is allergic so cant have any at hers. she is at mine everyday and loves all of my gang.

Was reading on here that hay is important and i have given them some today and they loved it. Sooty was throwing it in the air and running around so so cute.

I am trying to find the lead for my camera always the way wen i need it.

Back