• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need Speakers for Vet Student Talks

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Hi,
I am trying to organise a Rabbit Medicine Education event, to get more students aware of basic rabbit husbandry, how to handle and nurse them, common conditions and medical/surgical options.
I am going to contact some rabbit vets such as Bridgette Lord etc, but i was wondering if anyone knows good speakers from a "civilian" perspective - they would need to have a good level of medical knowledge (no offence) to talk at an appropriate and stimulating level, but it would be nice to get an owner/rescue etc perspective on how vets treat rabbits, so we can bear their needs and opinions in mind in making clinical decisions.

Please can people let me know if they know anyone suitable! Would probably be half hour talk max, preferably with powerpoint but doesnt have to be. Practical demonstrations also very welcome.

Thanks.

ok - I do not have the medical knowledge of a vet but feel I am relatively well informed from an owners perspective and would be delighted to speak on any subject from an owners point of view - and indeed about treatments given for some conditions - including intensive myxi nursing and EC nursing etc.

I do have advantage of being a professional speaker as well.

Where is it?

twigs

ok - I do not have the medical knowledge of a vet but feel I am relatively well informed from an owners perspective and would be delighted to speak on any subject from an owners point of view - and indeed about treatments given for some conditions - including intensive myxi nursing and EC nursing etc.

I do have advantage of being a professional speaker as well.

Where is it?

twigs

Hi, its at the Royal Vet College in Hertfordshire. I dont have a date or anything yet as have to get it cleared by uni and book a room etc.
Being a professional speaker would definately help!

Just a thought my vet was quite interested in tapeworm cysts in domestic rabbits (my freed was first case they'd come across) and also i explained about the "bunny burrito" as they weren't familiar with this either. Maybe they could have a mention.;)

Hi, its at the Royal Vet College in Hertfordshire. I dont have a date or anything yet as have to get it cleared by uni and book a room etc.
Being a professional speaker would definately help!

hertfordshire ok for me - would need to sort date as obviously have bookings for my 'work' talks on various dates. But would be delighted to help spread the bunny word.

Back