• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter coats, does everybun get one?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Or do I need to go to Asda!! :lol:
Im worried about Charlie getting cold - Oreo, Sooty and Mittens have definetly got fluffier over the last few weeks but Charlie hasnt - are winter coats visable? - Ive never seen a fluffy dutch :oops:
I guess he has the others to snuggle to - but surely he needs his own coat..

First winter for all mine outside - so panicking now!!

I would imagine that's down to fur type. Not all of them have obvious winter coats but if he is used to being outside then he will have grown one.

My Roger is super sleek and never looks like he has a winter coat but he stays toasty warm.

the get them at diff times, all my lot are at different stages trhough thier moult, one hasent even started yet:roll::lol:

and you wont stop panicing till spring! :lol:
i still worry and mine were all out last winter when some days it didnt go above freezing all day!
i would like to know the answer to the winter coat, as one of mine has simular fur to a dutch where as the other 2 have thicker coats.
saying that the one with the thinner coat is currently in my porchway.

I think it depends on fur type as daisy and maisy have got fluffier but i haven't seen them moult same with bella harry milly and spot but roger is a mess at the moment

Twinkle and Star are Dutchies and compared to the others their coats arent really fluffy at all - they have quite short fur. But compared to the summer they do have thicker coats, its just hard to tell compared to the other buns.

Hope he will be ok - he has the other three to snuggle with :D

thank you, He was a house bun but they all went out at the end of August - I hope he will be ok - i will make sure they have lots of hay etc...

He is always the one outside in the run when I look out the window very early in the morning so I think hes ok with it..

Noisette didn't get a winter coat at all last year, which really worried me but she was fine :? I think it was because of all the medication she was on?

Back