• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gas?

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Had a scare with my Beatrix this morning. She refused to eat and was obviously in discomfort very quiet and lethargic. I waited to see if she would eat anything a bit later in case it was just that she annoyed at me checking her botty. I have to do a botty check with Beatrix every morning just in case. Although she has been very good and her botty has been clean.

Anyway I got reading in my rabbit books and got really worried it was GI Statsis so called the vet for an appointment. Then I told her "we're going to the vet in a little bit" and she must have understood because then she started eating!!! She eat a bit of Dandelion, then hay, then grass, then veg. Then she started brightening up and was hopping about the place like normal.

It really worried me but I wonder do you think it could have just been a little bit of gas that she needed to pass and did it on her own?? Her tummy was soft.

:roll: Rabits have excellent timing sometimes don't they.

Yup, could have been a bit of gas, or something could have spooked or stressed her. just keep an eye for the next few days but hopefully she has come through whatever it was now.

Well done for doing all the right things to help her :)

I know I couldn't believe it but was so relieved! She is very intelligent bunny. I think I might get a stethoscope (advised in rabbit book) so I can tell the normal sounds of all their tummys.

we have a stethoscope we got it on ebay...but make sure you use it on your bun when shes normal so that you know what is the right sound for her normally..

we have a stethoscope we got it on ebay...but make sure you use it on your bun when shes normal so that you know what is the right sound for her normally..

Thanks thats what I'm planning on doing now. Did you have to get any special kind of stethoscope? Is a normal nurses one okay?

Back