• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alice- My newest addition to the family

Lu_x

Mama Doe
This is Alice, we recently took her in as my friend was informed that if she didn't take her in then she'd be knocked on the head. My friend didn't really have the space for another rabbit and felt truly backed in to a corner. She is an ex breeding rabbit from a lady who thinks she knows more than she actually does and has taken up breeding and showing as a hobby. The woman had breed from Alice 3 times and each time she has produced Netherlands with ears which are 'too big' for showing, so low and behold Alice was no longer wanted. :censored:

She's a very scared bunny and has obviously not been used to much handling or space or light. When we first got her she had a bare little pink belly and had just been removed from her last litter. She is very territorial but I'm hoping with a bit of time and a trip to the vets to be spayed she will be a happy bunny who just might be able to live with Josie and Velcro if all goes well.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. She's quite a nervous little girl so we havn't taken a huge number of pictures yet. But I will try to get some more up to date one's soon.

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5733.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg

She's lovely - so glad she is in safe hands now. The more I hear about breeding, the more I want to growl! :evil: Hope she soon feels settled and secure.

I have a very low tolerance of breeders too- actually I have no tolerance at all. The worrying thing is people assume that they are the people with the knowledge about the species they are breeding and more often than not they have the least knowledge.

I'm just glad that Alice is now safe with us and it's great to see her playing with toys and binkying around! She's also growing quite fond of Velcro- see pics below :D Sorry about the poor quality they're taken on my mobile!

db9c7a9a.jpg

db971797.jpg

she looks lovely:love:
great pictures.
And her ears arnt that big really, breeder should of tried her with a better suited buck

For breed standards her ears are fine but she apparently put her with two different bucks and always produced big eared babies... so apparently that was her fault :roll:. To be honest the woman didn't have a clue.

She is an absolute cutie and I know she'll be a fantastic house bun, she just needs a bit of time.

Back