• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is there a draft letter re small hutches??

loulabell

Warren Scout
does any one know the procedure if a petshop is selling tiny hutches?
i dont want to go in a say anything as i'll only end up ranting and raving!
is there a draft letter which i can print and send outlining my concerns?
this is becoming a problem in this area as everyone seems to buy there rabbits from this particular petshop (it's a small pet shop not a big chain).
this has come to light again for me this weekend as a friend has just taken in her ex husbands rabbit and it turned up in the smallest cage you can imagin!!
i would'nt keep a hamster in it. the rabbit could barley turn round and could'nt stand up!!! hutch and rabbit came from this shop.
my neighbour was also told by them her rabbit did'nt need a big hutch as it was a dwarf rabbit!! :censored: i think this pet shop needs educating!
im not very good at writting letters so any ideas would be appreciated.

does any one know the procedure if a petshop is selling tiny hutches?
i dont want to go in a say anything as i'll only end up ranting and raving!
is there a draft letter which i can print and send outlining my concerns?
this is becoming a problem in this area as everyone seems to buy there rabbits from this particular petshop (it's a small pet shop not a big chain).
this has come to light again for me this weekend as a friend has just taken in her ex husbands rabbit and it turned up in the smallest cage you can imagin!!
i would'nt keep a hamster in it. the rabbit could barley turn round and could'nt stand up!!! hutch and rabbit came from this shop.
my neighbour was also told by them her rabbit did'nt need a big hutch as it was a dwarf rabbit!! :censored: i think this pet shop needs educating!
im not very good at writting letters so any ideas would be appreciated.

These might help:

http://www.maturetimes.co.uk/node/10755

http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/animal_welfare_bill_lft.pdf

Last edited:
Back