• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blind baby?

Starlight

Warren Veteran
I have a 16 week old here, and the pupil of one eye seems a slightly light misted grey, he seems startled when his brothers run past him, and darts away thumping.

Could he be blind in this eye?

That's interesting. If it was a ruptured lens, would baby still be blind? And would a ruptured lens be reversible? He will be going to see a vet, but just wanted some answers until he does.

Have you noticed a difference in his movement from other rabbits?

We had a girl who was blind in one eye and she always ran towards what she could see, i.e. the seeing eye, which resulted in always running in a clockwise fashion, unless she had no choice.

Yep its possible sadly. We recently rehomed a blind bunny, baby Pecan and his brother Pumpkin (who is looking for a home) also has severe cataracts in his eyes :(

He seems wary, and moves along quite slowly, a hop at a time? I don't know if it is because it is a whole new environment here and he is maybe a bit scared?

That's interesting. If it was a ruptured lens, would baby still be blind? And would a ruptured lens be reversible? He will be going to see a vet, but just wanted some answers until he does.

A ruptured lens is irreversible.

However, it may not be that. There are other possibilities so a Vet check is def needed.

Shaun, even though he is blind, runs about like a loony (even in unknown spaces, resulting in many collisions:lol:) he will also chuck him self off things :roll::lol: silly bunny

Back