• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice needed

bewildered

New Kit
never having kept rabbits before, i took my first one on last year, she came to me as a very small baby, a little wild rabbit that needed hand rearing, lol, at that time i was even unsure if she was a rabbit or hare
anyway to cut a long story, she never returned to the wild

a few months ago, i came across a man, just stood giving baby rabbits away, he had one left, afraid it would fall into the wrong hands, i took it home

my rabbits are house rabbits, never been in a cage, they go out, dig my garden up, come in and mess my house up, they are very playful and love each other to bits, the new one turned out to be a boy, and i had him done about a month ago

my little wild rabbit, runs to me, pushes me with her nose, licks me and sometimes nips my toes, she follows my o/h down to his shed and wont come in until he does, for the last couple of weeks, when my o/h walks into a room, she chases barney my boy rabbit, its as if barney is not allowed to see my o/h, well last night, she did more than chase, she took out chunks of fur, he was screaming, i had to split them up

every time my o/h walks into the room barney gets it!, any ideas?, i cant keep my husband out of the house:lol:

never having kept rabbits before, i took my first one on last year, she came to me as a very small baby, a little wild rabbit that needed hand rearing, lol, at that time i was even unsure if she was a rabbit or hare
anyway to cut a long story, she never returned to the wild

a few months ago, i came across a man, just stood giving baby rabbits away, he had one left, afraid it would fall into the wrong hands, i took it home

my rabbits are house rabbits, never been in a cage, they go out, dig my garden up, come in and mess my house up, they are very playful and love each other to bits, the new one turned out to be a boy, and i had him done about a month ago

my little wild rabbit, runs to me, pushes me with her nose, licks me and sometimes nips my toes, she follows my o/h down to his shed and wont come in until he does, for the last couple of weeks, when my o/h walks into a room, she chases barney my boy rabbit, its as if barney is not allowed to see my o/h, well last night, she did more than chase, she took out chunks of fur, he was screaming, i had to split them up

every time my o/h walks into the room barney gets it!, any ideas?, i cant keep my husband out of the house:lol:

Are any of your rabbits spayed (female)/neutered (male)?

yes, i had Barney "done" last month

Barney is a domestic buck 6mnths old

Bunnykins is a handreared wild doe 1 year old

Im not sure but perhaps getting the doe spayed would help with her hormones spay/neuter is supposed to help with this thing when done young as shes only 1 year this should help her also. The older the bun gets the more set in there ways they are, perhaps speak to your vet.

I know what you mean my 2 pairs dont like new bun (hoping they would make 3) however if we humans aren't around winston and jack will lie together through gate when winston sees us hell start attacking jack why? who knows obv he thinks hes protecting us which sounds like your doe shes oin lurvee with your oh.

What does your husband smell of? Anything that might cause referred aggression? Other animals? Predators? Rabbits?

errr, lol, he dont smell of anything, maybe wood as he works with wood, the doe always wants to "work" with him, she will sit outside of his shed on a morning waiting for him to open up, but we do try to keep her out because of the machines
she does love to fill his empty shoes up with her toys

I think getting her spayed would be a huge step towards calming this down. An unspayed doe can be extremely territorial and sometimes aggressive (she obv thinks ur oh is 'hers' :lol:) Plus an unspayed doe has something like an 80% chance of getting uterine cancer, so even more reason to get her done!
Good luck :wave:

thanks, they are back to their lovey dovey selfs this morning

vet was not keen to do the doe as she is very very small, so will have to have a rethink

I definitely agree that she is possessive of your OH. She sees him as hers and her boyfriend is an intrusion on that.

Back