• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Since soph was spayed her personality has changed ever so slightly

kirst25

Alpha Buck
She doesn't do chin runs anymore,she certainly will not let me brush her,she's not very loving as before she would happily sit with her nose literally on my nose..at the most she has sniffed me and runs off,it was only two weeks ago,is there a chance she will get back into doing them things?:wave:

The lack of chin rubs is expected.

It sounds like you have some pretty major sucking up to do though so i would start with trying to win bcher trust and winning her over again.

Milly was a bit like this after her spay but she's pretty much back to her normal self now, it will probably take a few weeks of TLC and lots of treats!

Dont worry I'm sure she'll come round soon! :)

Yeh I am trying wiv the treats and plenty of strokes when she let's me and I get down to her level everytime,o just hope I havnt lost that bond with her

Rabbits can hold a grudge a REALLY long amount of time, and lets face it, she has every reason. You took her to a strange place, and abandoned her there. They did scary things and took stole part of her. You came to get her to take her home but she hurt a lot, and hurt for the next few days.

That's a lot for some bunnies to go through, whilst others take it in their stride. Just keep working on winning back her trust.

Its funny how very different they are. My Pudding was so laid back we thought she may have already been done! She was exactly the same food seeking missile afterwards :lol:.

Have you been back to the vets since? I wonder if she may be in some discomfort.

:wave: We had Cassie done and almost immediatly she lost some of the "cute" things that she did e.g. she loved her comfort blanket and would run round in circles with it - that stopped. Also humping my leg stopped.:oops:

I think she was frustrated so in that sense it is much better for her. She is still a lovely bunny and I do get licks off her now which she never used to do and she loves to rest her head on my knee for nose rubs.

Fenugreek crunchies will get her on your side ;)

She went back to the vets twice and they said she was fine,I didn't realise they got grumpy..I'm new to owning a rabbit :) shall I just spend quite abot of time with her etc,I've got some dandelion sticks for her and sum treats from willow basket,how often do you give treats?

Back