• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Said goodbye to our first foster bun today :(

HS

Wise Old Thumper
It was very sad to see her go, she's a beautiful bunny, but so pleased for her that she's going to a new home. I didn't cry, although I am going to miss her. It wasn't as hard as I thought.
Brought home another bun to foster though, so the hutch is still full!
We're loving being foster bunny parents, and thanks to Jill Honeybunny for trusting us!

Thank you Helen for taking such good care of her.
Her new mum has promised pics so I will post them on here.
Hope Sonny behaves:D

Ooh, would love to see pics!

Sonny has behaved perfectly so far. He's tucked into some hay and had a sprout - not made it down the ramp yet, but I'm sure he'll figure it out soon:D

From personal experience I can say that saying goodbye is always hard but having another bun to fill the space means you don't get time to feel sad and seeing them happy in their new home makes it all worth while :D:D

I'm off to Cheshire tomorrow to deliver Jester and his lovely hunbun Zebedee to their forever home :love::love:

I'm so pleased for her as she's such a lovely bunny.

Now onto Sonny who doesn't have any confidence issues, but is a little porker :shock: so is on a health and fitness regime!!

Now onto Sonny who doesn't have any confidence issues, but is a little porker :shock: so is on a health and fitness regime!!

Oh dear, you might have a grumpy bunny on your hands. I'm trying to cut Spenser's pellets - I don't think he's overweight, but I would realy like to see him eating more hay. :roll:

Apparently he's a grumpy bun anyway, so I may not notice a difference. He's been perfectly behaved since he's been here, but I'm sure he's lulling us into a false sense of security!

Good luck with Spenser. We never did get Squidgy to eat much hay. I guess there are just some bunnies who don't 'get it'.

I think Spenser does know he is supposed to eat hay. He will take readigrass and the odd bit of hay (favouring poor quality bedding hays and even the odd bit of straw:roll:). I have two samples on order from Animal Magic Pet Supplies, and am hopeful they might suit him. :) I think grumpy buns can be just as lovable.

when we fostered i never had trouble saying goodbye as i knew the homes had been very well vetted...i was always pleased to be able to take on another desperate bun:)

when we fostered i never had trouble saying goodbye as i knew the homes had been very well vetted...i was always pleased to be able to take on another desperate bun:)

This is certainly true and saying good bye is made a lot easier knowing that Jill is very particular about the homes that any Honeybunny goes to. For instance, I know that the lovely Jester is going to have a HOOOGE dog kennel to share with his hunbun and that his new mummy is even more bunny mad than me ;):lol:

Plus I love putting together a "going away" hamper for buns fostered by me. Jesters filled the boot of Jills car :lol:

Jesterssuitcase001.jpg

Back