• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I went shopping for Lewis and...

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
came back with a gorgeous Dwarf Lop :love:

I know I shouldn't of got a bun from a petshop, but she looked so lonely all on her own :( I couldn't resist! The women in the shop was trying to give me loads of useless advice :roll:

I have a question though, when should I move her cage into the same room as Lewis? (After she's been spayed?) And, can she have a tube that was once Lewis's? As I can't wash it (it's cardboard)... do they only have to have neutral space/toys when bonding?

:wave:

You'll probably want to keep her away for a little while to quarantine her. To make sure she's not got anything wrong with her that would pass on to Lewis. After that I see no reason why they shouldn't be housed near each other. The sooner they start to see and smell each other the better the bonding should be. :)

Swapping toys is a good idea because it gets them used to each other's smells.

And two more things of great importance:
  1. Names?
  2. Pictures!

;)

the tube should be fine to give her... we have always put the buns in the same room even if they were not to be bonded.. the only issues we had was when we had a doe and got another doe (they were never to be bonded we just wanted to rescue another bun:D).the first one hated her straight away and it took 3 months + for them to tolerate each other. as you have one of each it shouldnt be a problem

I'm thinking maybe... Poppy or Honey.... undecided atm lol.

I still have loads of pics of Lewis I wanna upload from my phone. Gonna get some of her soon :) But need to get the bluetooth on the laptop fixed as it don't work atm..

Back