• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

ANOTHER poo question!

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Ok Ive had enough of Orla & her poos!

All day she will do normal poos but every morning I come down to a floor covered in squishy poos! :shock: Ive tried changing her diet, changing her hay, cutting down veg. Nothing seems to work!

Its like she doesnt want to eat them, Rodge never does this, he's so tidy!

Does she keep her botty clean? If its not over producing of soft poopies then maybe ask your vet their opinion. I had this problem with my Beatrix but I cut down the veg (and cut out the pellets completely) and that seems to have it under control.

Her botty is spotless, she just pull sout the squishy poos & thorws them! :shock: Im going to cut down her pellets even more to see if that helps. thanks!

Her botty is spotless, she just pull sout the squishy poos & thorws them! :shock: Im going to cut down her pellets even more to see if that helps. thanks!

:shock::lol: what a funny bunny! Yes I would definately cut down the pellets. If they get plenty of veg I would even consider slowly removing pellets from their diet. Pellets were actually originaly created for farming for rabbits that didn't get any veg.

Does she eat a lot of hay? Does she have a lot of sweet veg like carrot or fruit? How many pellets does she get? Also has she had a dental check recently?

We constantly had this problem with Mini until we reduced her pellets to 1.5 eggcups so that she ate more hay and also stopped giving her a lot of any type of sweet veg or fruit. So things like mange tout, pea pods, baby corn, carrot, apple, banana are all very very rare treats for her.

Sorry but that did make me giggle! I can just picture it (right, I'll show her, I'll pull out my poos and chuck them as far as I can.... that'll teach her ....):wave:

Does she eat a lot of hay? Does she have a lot of sweet veg like carrot or fruit? How many pellets does she get? Also has she had a dental check recently?

We constantly had this problem with Mini until we reduced her pellets to 1.5 eggcups so that she ate more hay and also stopped giving her a lot of any type of sweet veg or fruit. So things like mange tout, pea pods, baby corn, carrot, apple, banana are all very very rare treats for her.

Oh she eats huge amounts of hay! She gets an egg cup full of pellets but never finishes them.....gets too distracted, she'd rather be running about investigating! :lol:

She gets either a small piece of broccoli or carrot in the morning but apart from that I dont give them treats due to her poos being so soft.

Teeth are perfect, the little mite gets loads of wood to chew on! :D

If it was me I'd try cutting out the carrot. There are lots of other things they can have. Mine love spring greens and herbs.

Back