• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many times do you change water? Are yours good drinkers?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
Just interested really - I refresh / fill up 2 /3 times a day... The trouble is - I have 3 bowls and 2 bottles between my 4 but they all seem to like to drink out of the same bowl :roll: so everytime I come to it - it is empty!! Then I feel guilty even though they have quite sufficient supplies elsewhere!! :lol:

Bunnuhs huh

Mittens drinks LOADS, Oreo is next - Sooty and Charlie drink very little! I never have seen Sooty drink but she must do sneakily...

They drink about 3 litres a day between them..
What about you??

My pair have one ceramic bowl that they drink from, I fill this up first thing in the morning & last thing at night. They go bonkers for it when I put icecubes in it! :lol:

Once or twice a day (or more if necessary), but mostly they have bowls big enough to deal with their needs and consumptions (including a massive dog bowl :lol:).

Once or twice a day (or more if necessary), but mostly they have bowls big enough to deal with their needs and consumptions (including a massive dog bowl :lol:).

Mine wont drink out of the big bowls!! They have 3 - 1 small and 2 large and they only dirnk out of the small one - So I replaced one of the larger ones for the same size smaller one but they still use the same one! and will just wait for me to top it up - I am a bunnuh slave!!!!!

I empty and refill twice a day, as they are bowls they seem to get film of dust and fur in them. xx

I empty and refill twice a day, as they are bowls they seem to get a film of dust and fur in them. xx

they drink very little - not half a bottle a day between the two of them. but if i give them a bowl, they wee in it.

My group of 4 go through about three bowls a day between them and A and E about 1 bowl depending on the whether and how much hay etc they have managed to get in it :roll:

Spenser drinks VIRTUALLY NOTHING. His vet says he must be getting all the moisture he needs from his veg. I change twice daily anyway.

Twice a day - they have one of those bowls that refills itself, but I think they spend all day running from one side of the room to the other with hay in their mouths & carefully placing it in the water

Twice a day for Ginger (smaller bowl)
Once a day for Biscuit.

Sometimes 5 times for Ginger, depends if she's decided her bowl should be converted to a paddling pool... :roll:

I have a bottle and clean and fill it once a day but if the weather is warm it gets changed throughout the day and when it gets cold I will check it several times throughout the day to make sure it is not frozen.

Once every couple of days - tip away, rinse, refill. I check it twice a day but mine both have big dog bowls which don't need doing any more often. Also I keep them away from their litter trays so no hay or poos get in them.

ETA. Between them my lops drink about a litre every two days, my lions about 750ml.

Last edited:
Each of my pairs has 2 bottles and a bowl - they all drink mostly from the bowls, but I leave the bottles as they occasionally still drink from them. All are changed daily, more in warmer weather of if they have got poop or something else yukky in the bowls :roll:

They slurp the water down when it's put in fresh and also after their funugreek crunchies.

Spenser also likes to put his toys in the water bowl. I have become a bit mean and now place his water bowl upstairs whereas all his toys are in the lower hutch.

Spenser also likes to put his toys in the water bowl. I have become a bit mean and now place his water bowl upstairs whereas all his toys are in the lower hutch.

Yeah, my boys used to throw their toy carrots in the water bowl to turn the water orange.....thankfully they have bored of that game now :lol:

Mine have a large bottle on the hutch which I refill every morning, the max they usually take out of that between the two is 50ml. They have a bowl in the run I refill at least twice a day, more at weekends when I'm here to refill it! They prefer the bowl to the bottle.

Timmy and Pickle have never drank very much, I change their water bottle once a day and they have never been close to emptying it. Sometimes it looks as though they haven't touched it, which tends to be when they have eaten lots of grass.

Back