• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Basil Needs Some New Toys

basirascal

Mama Doe
:roll:Any suggestions welcome, thanks

Here's what he has already and his thoughts on them:-

Cardboard boxes -bored:roll:
Toilet/Kitchen roll tubes -bored:roll:
Willow Ball -hates it:shock:
Jingle Ball - ok:)
Ball stuffed with treats -great:D
Magasines -bored
Newsapaper balls -bored:roll:
Cardboard house, filled with hay/straw for resting in and chewing - hates it :roll:
Tubes with treats hidden in them - can't work out how to get them:shock:
Apple sticks - great:D
Tunnel/Seat - ok:)
Digging area (outside) ok:)

He'd rather play with/chew my gardening shoes, doormats, or try to wreck the panels of his partition:roll: No matter how much of the house I give him, apparently it's not enough -think we'll have to move out to his playshed and let him take over:lol::lol:

flowerpots? (though I bought stacking cups form the early learning centre so they are slightly smaller and fun colours)

duke picks them up and toses them around, and if we stack them up for him im hoping one day he will realise its fun to knock them down too!

I also heard some buns like baby rattles as they make a noise and again they can pick them up and toss them around

EDIT - oh and egg boxes with his pellets in, hes got good at it now but to start with it took him ages to be able to work out how to get into it! he eats them as well as the pellets now

Last edited:
:roll:Any suggestions welcome, thanks

Here's what he has already and his thoughts on them:-

Cardboard boxes -bored:roll:
Toilet/Kitchen roll tubes -bored:roll:
Willow Ball -hates it:shock:
Jingle Ball - ok:)
Ball stuffed with treats -great:D
Magasines -bored
Newsapaper balls -bored:roll:
Cardboard house, filled with hay/straw for resting in and chewing - hates it :roll:
Tubes with treats hidden in them - can't work out how to get them:shock:
Apple sticks - great:D
Tunnel/Seat - ok:)
Digging area (outside) ok:)

He'd rather play with/chew my gardening shoes, doormats, or try to wreck the panels of his partition:roll: No matter how much of the house I give him, apparently it's not enough -think we'll have to move out to his playshed and let him take over:lol::lol:

Does he have all of those at the same time?

If so, i'd take some out and then just mix it up every few days so he doesn't get bored with any one item :)

If not, sorry, im useless :lol:

carrot play patch, carrot tree? i got some things off equinecaninefeline the other week to see if they liked anything.. they like this wooden bridge thingy, and the treat food balls that hang up. i fill them with hay.

my two usually hate anything i get them, but the thing they loved was the carrot patch. i hid herbs in it so they had to pull the little carrots out to get to the herbs, and scratched it loads... it didn't last long though! :roll::lol:

How big are his cardboard boxes? Spenser has the type that 12 bottles of wine come in (courtesy of my parents), with a door/window cut in. He shows no interest in smaller boxes. Most toys are ignored unless they are in his way, or I am holding him (this immediately makes him want them). During the summer we had great tugs-of-war with a grassy carrot from the Hay Experts.

flowerpots? (though I bought stacking cups form the early learning centre so they are slightly smaller and fun colours)

duke picks them up and toses them around, and if we stack them up for him im hoping one day he will realise its fun to knock them down too!

I also heard some buns like baby rattles as they make a noise and again they can pick them up and toss them around

EDIT - oh and egg boxes with his pellets in, hes got good at it now but to start with it took him ages to be able to work out how to get into it! he eats them as well as the pellets now

Oh the cups sound good and the rattle, never thought of children toys:roll: I may be able to pick something up later today. thank you:)

Does he have all of those at the same time?

If so, i'd take some out and then just mix it up every few days so he doesn't get bored with any one item :)

If not, sorry, im useless :lol:

Course you're not useless Graham:) I said any suggestions and yes, he does have all those things everyday. Our house looks like it's been taken over by pre-school children:lol::lol: I think I've ruined him, so I'll try and be a bit more selective and alternate things a bit...........think I need to go to bunny classes:roll:

carrot play patch, carrot tree? i got some things off equinecaninefeline the other week to see if they liked anything.. they like this wooden bridge thingy, and the treat food balls that hang up. i fill them with hay.

my two usually hate anything i get them, but the thing they loved was the carrot patch. i hid herbs in it so they had to pull the little carrots out to get to the herbs, and scratched it loads... it didn't last long though! :roll::lol:

Wow thank you!! I have never heard of that site, they have some great toys and good offers. Going to take a closer look now, thanks again:D

How big are his cardboard boxes? Spenser has the type that 12 bottles of wine come in (courtesy of my parents), with a door/window cut in. He shows no interest in smaller boxes. Most toys are ignored unless they are in his way, or I am holding him (this immediately makes him want them). During the summer we had great tugs-of-war with a grassy carrot from the Hay Experts.

I try to give a variety of sizes big and small, but he doesn't seem very impressed with anything of his own really -just our things:lol: I'll have a look at the Hay Expert site as well, have ordered from them before, but only hay. Thanks:)

Wow thank you!! I have never heard of that site, they have some great toys and good offers. Going to take a closer look now, thanks again:D

sign up for the newsletter from them and they regularly send out an extra 10% off voucher. i've had about three in the last month! :D

:wave:

what about filling a carrier with newspaper and hay. bisc and matt love ripping all the paper up. :wave:

I'll try that as well:) I think as Graham said, I might be giving him too many things at once. I really love the things on that website you mentioned, already thinking of my first order. Thank you:)

Back