• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's amazing how a rabbit can make you feel better

Zara

Mama Doe
Well to put it briefly I was having a HORRID day yesterday, and by the end of it was so fed up I'd burst into tears. The rabbits were cuddling on the bed at the time (They're allowed on it if it's got the "rabbit blanket" throw on to protect the sheets from fur) and I went and curled up to have a little cry to myself. Batbunny hops over to see what I'm up to, he looked so happy with his blue eyes sparkling, and after having a sniff decided to give me one hell of a grooming :shock: he licked my nose, my cheeks, licked my tears away, tried to pluck my eyebrows off, furiously licked my arms and hands, then snuggled up to me tooth-purring whilst Rascal jumped on my back. I know it's assuming, but I'm sure he knows when I'm upset, he's usually the more reserved rabbit, keeping to himself and not wanting a fuss, but whenever I'm down he wastes no time hopping over to me and making a fuss :love:

that's so sweet :) just spending time with them instantly makes you feel better doesn't it. :love:

hope you're feeling ok now. x

Spenser is just the best therapy I've ever found - and he's not even a licky bunny. I just need to think of his cheeky wee face and I feel a surge of happiness. :love:

Totally agree Zara. First time i was upset and was with Biscuit, he wasn't great, don't think he realised what was going on, he scratched me, stamped and ran off :roll:

Now if i'm at all upset, crying etc, and he's free-ranging, he'll hop over and do what they did to you, lick up the tears, etc etc :)

:love::love:

They are very special arent they.

Whenever I am feeling bad or when I'm having a difficult conversation on the phone Marble always comes and sits on my lap. Its as if he knows I need him.

Hope you are feeling better now.

I agree, I was having a really down year this year until I got Basil and now I feel just happier in general. I'm lucky because he loves cuddles and I get lots of opportunity to snuggle with him:)

Last edited:
Back