• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do your buns get jiggy?

Louise G

Warren Scout
A bit of a random question but I hae ten rabbits in neutered pairs... my mini lop female always wants it off my lionhead male and he is never ever interested (they are both almost a year old).. My other rabbits neer seem to do it except Jack a magpie (slightly chubby boy) who is six and often gets excited in the garden and wont leave his wife alone. seems to do this without fail most days. She doesnt seem to care and just lies there eating and lets him get on with it. Hes usually a lazy rabbit- eats and sleeps a lot....mounting Chloe seems to be his only form of excercise :D

Isn't it more to do with showing who is dominant? That's what I thought anyway, because my 2 used to do this before Leuki was spayed. (Samba was already neutured!) So I thought it was her hormones causing them both to keep showing who was the dominant. Since she has been spayed it's totally stopped.
Confused now lol.

Isn't it more to do with showing who is dominant? That's what I thought anyway, because my 2 used to do this before Leuki was spayed. (Samba was already neutured!) So I thought it was her hormones causing them both to keep showing who was the dominant. Since she has been spayed it's totally stopped.
Confused now lol.

It's a bit of both, but after they've been neutered it's much more to show dominance, especially if the other bun isn't giving loads & loads of submissive behaviour.

Sophie used to hump Otis every time they got fed to try and stop him getting it :lol: It didn't do anything as he'd just carry on munching the food anyway

haha thnaks...yeah maybe it is just dominance. He has always been a dominant bun. She sometimes mounts him aswell but he is def the boss. They are both neutered and about 5/6 years old. My mum says they calm down in the winter its just when Jack has just eaten and got out in the garden he gets over excited. :roll::)x

Back