• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random Licking

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
I am sure there must have been previous threads about this but I couldnt see a recent one.

Recently Starbuck has been licking the legs of our dining table and chairs!! :? Whats that all about?! I am sure they must taste horrible of varnish and things! Does it mean anything, can it harm him?

In the last two days he has also taken to licking the radiator and painted pipes - he is a very strange boy! Its normally when the radiator is on so I worry he will burn his tongue.

Does anyone know why?

My rabbits do something similar. When they lie down in their hutches they often lick the floor like they're grooming it :) I don't know why they do it either.

Helen xx

One word.

Biscuit.

He's insane. He licks the following;

• Carpet
  • Vinyl
  • Doors
  • Doorframes
  • Pen Panels
  • Sofas
  • Me
  • OH
  • Table Legs (Metal and wood, but DOESNT chew them)
  • Skirting Boards
  • Fridge Door
  • Cardboard

I think he's slightly insane. Theres no stopping him though!

:roll:

Lucky likes to lick eyebrows and elbows. :shock: But i've not seen him lick anything else. Wonder why they do it?

Louie had a phase of licking doors and he also licks the glass in the conservatory door. No idea why!

Louie had a phase of licking doors and he also licks the glass in the conservatory door. No idea why!

That's one Biscuit hasn't tried yet :lol:

Perhaps Louie likes it, because of the coolness of the glass perhaps?

dukes new favourite place has become to stretch out across our hearthstone on the fireplace (without the fire on i hasten to add!) he goes mad licking it, we wondered whether me might be getting salt from it or just like it because its cold?

Don't worry Helen it's quite normal... well 'normal' is not really an accurate description of a rabbit is it! :lol:

Poppy likes to lick the glass patio doors.. actually she likes to try and eat them! She also tries to eat the concrete in the exposed fireplace and the brickwork! :roll:

Nino, well he just licks the carpet and the rug he is sitting on, and there is a toy rabbit that regularly has to be confiscated because he will continue to groom it for up to 20mins at a time! :shock: It's tail looks like it has been hairsprayed it's so crusty with saliva...mmmmm! :lol:

Don't worry Helen it's quite normal... well 'normal' is not really an accurate description of a rabbit is it! :lol:

Poppy likes to lick the glass patio doors.. actually she likes to try and eat them! She also tries to eat the concrete in the exposed fireplace and the brickwork! :roll:

Nino, well he just licks the carpet and the rug he is sitting on, and there is a toy rabbit that regularly has to be confiscated because he will continue to groom it for up to 20mins at a time! :shock: It's tail looks like it has been hairsprayed it's so crusty with saliva...mmmmm! :lol:

Ahhh that is so cute!! :love:

They are clearly all just a little bit mad! :lol: I was sitting at the dining table just now and could feel something on my leg and looked down to see that Starbuck was licking my jeans, he is so lovely. :love:

most of our lot have been lickers.... people, furniture ,the floor ,allsorts really dont know why:? although harry never licked anything until she got ill.. then she would lick me and the oh:(:)

most of our lot have been lickers.... people, furniture ,the floor ,allsorts really dont know why:? although harry never licked anything until she got ill.. then she would lick me and the oh:(:)

That has completely reminded me what Nino does when he is poorly and being syringe fed and medicated. He licks excessively at these times... it's like a blimmin' reflex:roll: He'll be sat on my lap on a towel getting his syringe food/fluids/meds or whatever and I physically have to restrain his little head that is fighing to keep frantically licking the towel on my lap and me so that I can get a syringe into his mouth. I am certain it is a comforting reflex.

Biscuit adores the metal table legs; she licks those for hours. She sits there, plumping herself up and looking all elegant and pretty and then puts one leg either side of the table leg and gives it a right got licking over!

She used to be a bit in love with our computer chair - she'd lie between the spokes and lick away. She was rather upset when we got rid of it!

It's great - cuts down on my dusting no end! :lol:

Back