• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to wash a rabbit in?

angieb

Mama Doe
i think miffy needs her hind legs/uner her tail washing as shes wet a little with wee.......
i think its cause she cant be bothered to move as i watched her before and she did the stance of a weeing bunny but then just sat in it and didnt move away. :roll:
anyway do i use just water or should i use some sort of soap? maybe some baby top to toe wash?
i just dont want her to get sore. :?

Bunny wee is water soluble so just plain warm water is enough. :wave:

Don't get too much of her wet though, either bottom bath only or use a damp flannel or sensitive baby wipes.

are sensitive baby wipes safe for bunnies then? I always wondered in case my bunnies ever need their botties wiped!

Ive always used just water....its best to know you havent put any extra chemicals that they can lick off.....I just soak a thin towel, squeeze most water out & then wipe, for those stubborn bits if bums really messy - I put the towel between my fingers and rub the messy through the towel between my fingers very gently - it dislodges the poop easier.

If buns sitting in her wee - there may be an underlieing problem...normally they would not choose to do this...perhaps just check she is ok & maybe ask advice in Health section to be sure! Hope shes ok!:love:

Ive always used just water....its best to know you havent put any extra chemicals that they can lick off.....I just soak a thin towel, squeeze most water out & then wipe, for those stubborn bits if bums really messy - I put the towel between my fingers and rub the messy through the towel between my fingers very gently - it dislodges the poop easier.

If buns sitting in her wee - there may be an underlieing problem...normally they would not choose to do this...perhaps just check she is ok & maybe ask advice in Health section to be sure! Hope shes ok!:love:

she has just been to the vets and had 2 days of a drip and is really weak. i am trying to get to the bottom of it. :)

Back