• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan

SkegMag

Warren Scout
I've just got an online quote for my 6 month old lionhead from Petplan:

Covered for Life
Monthly Premium £10.85 per month
Veterinary Fees up to £2,000 per year
Complementary Treatment up to £750 per year
Advertising and Reward up to £250 per year
Boarding Fees up to £250 per year

Excess
Veterinary Fees £55
Complementary Treatment £50

I'm tempted to sign up for the policy - does the cover look reasonable to you?
Do you have to send in a clean bill of health certificate from the vet?
What does it mean by "Complementary Treatment"?
Appreciate any feedback...:)

pet plan are great :D

you dont need to get the vet to say anything, but you have to tell them if you know of any issues before the policy starts

no idea about complimentary treatment as ive never tried it lol

Covered for Life

Excess
Veterinary Fees £55

Sounds v similar to my Pet Plan cover - my excess is £65 and I think I pay a bit more per month for each of my two - but they are older, so that could be the reason. Everyone seems pleased with them, which is why I recently took out policies with them.

Covered for Life

Excess
Veterinary Fees £55

I had no luck with them. I wanted to insure Basil but because he had EC at 7/8 weeks there were so many exclusions on the policy, it wouldn't have been worth my while.

I'm with Petplan too! I have 2 buns covered and pay approx £26 a month. I have just been investigating Dog Insurance and am told that price of insurance varies around the country as vets fees vary with location.

You need to disclose any illnesses/accidents your bun has had before and they will decide whether to make any exclusions to the policy. One of mine had already had a problem (Stassis) but as she had been fine for the period of time they specified they gave her full cover. I had to provide a full medical history from my vets - just a printout from their computer system.

Complimentary therapies are the "unconventional" ones - for instance Acupuncture, homeopaty, Chiropractic manipulation or osteopathy, hydrotherapy - these must be prescribed by a veterinary practice and carried out by a qualified practitioner.

You should be able to look at all the details online but if you want you can ring up and they will send you an insurance policy booklet which shows everything.

I had a few teething problems with PP at the beginning but thanks to the phonecalls being recorded and me not giving up it got sorted and I have had my one claim settled without problem.

I would thoroughly recommend you take it out. I pay £16 per month for two rabbits, one of whom has sadly gone to the bridge. The insurance meant that I had less to worry about and could concentrate on her. That is a good deal and my vets say they have very little trouble with them.

complementary medicines are things like accupuncture, chiropractor treatments, etc I have used both of these for rabbits very successfully (obviously from trained vets!)

If your bun has never had any illnesses then now is definately the time to sign up for pet plan insurance. As long as you keep paying he will then be covered for life. Make sure he has a dental check at least every 12 months because although they don't cover dental burring/trimming I think they still cover other things as long as they've had the checkup.

:wave:

My vet is petplan certified and they've all been on some course, whatever that means and the certs are up on the walls for all to see! :)

I've been told to take my insurance out now (im doing it today!) as both of minie are very healthy right now so nothing to inform them of.

Covered for Life

Excess
Veterinary Fees £55

think mines £10.85 a month too, its worth it :wave: i never had the others insured but in their last years with me, i wished i would of

Back