• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit Quiet After Myxi Jab

SkegMag

Warren Scout
Sukie had his first myxi jab yesterday. He's been quite normal but seems to be a bit quieter today. He always sleeps in the afternoon, but he's not come out of his cage yet and it's nearly 7pm! He's nibbling hay, pooping and weeing normally.
Is it usual for them to be a bit subdued after a myxi jab?

mine sometimes can be but, i put it down to the trauma of going to the vets, i usually give them a treat, always brings them round:roll::lol:

Thanks, caerleon, it's difficult when you are feeling your way and don't really know what to expect. It's like having your first baby, isn't it? :lol:

My baby was the same but was back to normal the next day, i had to be with him at all times when he was trying to jump making me panic lol:love:

I think it's common for buns to be quieter after their jabs, stress etc....as long as he's eating, pooing etc I wouldn't be unduly concerned...see how he goes :D

Thank you, everyone, he's perking up a bit now and had a good run round! The little *angel* will be the death of me one day :lol::lol:

Back