• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

white cloudy urine.

angieb

Mama Doe
i have just read somewhere that white cloudy urine is good as it shows there kidneys are working properly.
is this true? :?

it was on a thread from ages ago......it kind of said that every now and then white cloudy urine is fine as long as its not gritty. if they didnt have the odd white cloudy urine every so often then their body would be retaining too much calcium???????
i am confused. :?
my miffy has just had some white cloudy urine and shes not well at the moment. :?

it was on a thread from ages ago......it kind of said that every now and then white cloudy urine is fine as long as its not gritty. if they didnt have the odd white cloudy urine every so often then their body would be retaining too much calcium???????
i am confused. :?
my miffy has just had some white cloudy urine and shes not well at the moment. :?

It's possible that she hasn't drunk as much or got as much fluid from fresh foods. This is another cause of chalky wee.

It's possible that she hasn't drunk as much or got as much fluid from fresh foods. This is another cause of chalky wee.

really.......thanks for that. i have actually just put a bowl of water in with her and she has just had a drink. only thing is you cant tell aswel on how much they have drank with a dish. :?

Back