• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of my fosters doesn't drink water

LloydFerris

Warren Scout
I swear that when I go to top up the water bowl, a wee bit has evaporated! I have never seen her drink from it at all.
I soak her veggies is lots of water, and she does seem to be just fine....but isn't this the oddest thing? Can some buns really just get by this way?

Spenser hardly drinks at all. I haven't seen him doing so for weeks. I rushed him off to the vet a week after I got him, convinced he must be dehydrated, but he was fine. He has a fairly big rabbit too! Apparently some rabbits do get the moisture they need from veg, especially if you wash it first. He's not a great hay eater, so I expect if I manage to improve him in this respect he might eat more. Your buns are indoors, aren't they? I would have thought the warmer conditions would make drinking more likely.

If I see one of mine drinking, it almost invariably means they're ill- none of them ever appear to drink anything. They all eats lost of fresh grass and greens, which I often feed wet, so they seem to get all they need this way. I always make sure they have water nearby in case they feel thirsty though :)

Back