• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser's opinion of my hay-mixing...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
... head down getting the very last crumb of his reduced pellet ration. :roll::roll: I mixed Timothy with readigrass, and will now try adding plantain and dandelion. I have two sample packs on order from Animal Magic and am determined to get this boy eating his hay!

PA140371.jpg

Lol, if he's that keen :shock: , try mixing them in with the hay too so he has to nose through it to find them ;)

Have been out for a couple of hours. Returned to find that Spenser seems to have more hay in his bowl that I originally put in it. I wonder if he thinks I have provided a bowl for rubbish, and is trying to help. :roll:

Have been out for a couple of hours. Returned to find that Spenser seems to have more hay in his bowl that I originally put in it. I wonder if he thinks I have provided a bowl for rubbish, and is trying to help. :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, Blackberry systematically emptied the entire hay pile out of one of his bedrooms this morning......:roll: (then he jumped in the rubbish bag and knocked it over while I was cleaning out, and Buttercup decided the bowl of megazorb was in his way so threw it across the floor)...........I think Spenser is very well behaved in comparison :lol:

It'sa good idea to try burying some of his pellets in the hay - my boys all think it's a great game, keeps them busy, and the do eat hay as they go :)

Spenser and I are both having a break from the Battle of the Hay - he is in the run eating grass and I have the kettle on.

Awh he is lovely.
Ive ordered some sample packs to see if i can get Phoebe and Albie eating hay (the buns who wont eat from a rack) :lol:

Awh he is lovely.
Ive ordered some sample packs to see if i can get Phoebe and Albie eating hay (the buns who wont eat from a rack) :lol:

Awh he is lovely.

Awh he is lovely.

Awh he is lovely.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well, Blackberry systematically emptied the entire hay pile out of one of his bedrooms this morning......:roll: (then he jumped in the rubbish bag and knocked it over while I was cleaning out, and Buttercup decided the bowl of megazorb was in his way so threw it across the floor)...........I think Spenser is very well behaved in comparison :lol:

It'sa good idea to try burying some of his pellets in the hay - my boys all think it's a great game, keeps them busy, and the do eat hay as they go :)

I tried that with the pellets. Didn't tell him so he was a bit slow in noticing. Sat for hours in the lower hutch, little knowing what joys lurked above. He found a bit of one of Liz's Halloween biscuits too. You should hear him crunching. Rabbits are such noisy eaters - I wonder if girl rabbits are more dainty...

No sign of overnight hay-nomming. :(:roll: Spenser was VERY eager for his reduced ration of morning pellets. He might have eaten the odd strand or two in passing, but that's it. Hopefully the sample packs I've ordered from Animal Magic will meet with his approval.

I tried that with the pellets. Didn't tell him so he was a bit slow in noticing. Sat for hours in the lower hutch, little knowing what joys lurked above. He found a bit of one of Liz's Halloween biscuits too. You should hear him crunching. Rabbits are such noisy eaters - I wonder if girl rabbits are more dainty...

NO THEY ARE NOT :lol:

Ginger is the noisiest nommer ever. I can barely hear Biscuit eat pellets, but Ginger, Oh My God. It's like listening to someone eating really crunchy biscuits or crisps right next to your ears, and she's ~4 feet from the sofa!!!! :shock: :roll:

Back