• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

group of 12 and 6 so far have myxi...thank god i vaccinated!

ah144

Warren Scout
PERSONALLY I am soooooo glad i have my bunsters vaccinated against the dreaded myxi every six months.
I have a group of 12 giant french lops who are my baby's. Within three months of their myxi vaccination some started to show signs of nodular myxi at present 6 are being treated for this terrible disease and i am anticipating the remainder of the group to start showing signs. If my bunsters had not of been vaccinated...well the thought is totally unimaginable to me
I am aware there are a number of forum members and their bunsters fighting this terrible man made virus, lots of healing vibes to you all and thoughts to the poor binky free buns who neva won their fight

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes.... it's quite possible the others won't catch it; only two of mine did (both recovered fully) and all the others escaped it...fingers and paws crossed, anyway...

tonight another has come down with symptoms which appear to be full blown myxi:( her eyelids and genitals are very swollen....i am going to seperate moody mildred from the group and bring her in with george, who she is very close to....vets again tomorrow.

I am so sorry to hear this :cry: Thinking of you as you help all your bunnies and sending healing vibes for them all.

group of 12 and 6 so far have myxi..thank god i vaccinated!

Sending healing vibes for your poorly bunsters:cry:every year (at this time) when we get the dreaded Myxi outbreaks and the inevitable deaths:cry:i wonder WHY no vet/anyone has come up with a antidote to this evil disese:evil: It has been with us for so many years and seems to be getting worse:cry:perhaps we could try lobbying the RCVS for some answers:)
Hope your poor bunnies feel better soon:)

Back