• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

group of 12 and 6 so far have myxi...thank god i vaccinated!

ah144

Warren Scout
Personally

I am soooooo glad i have my bunsters vaccinated against the dreaded :censored: myxi every six months.
I have a group of 12 giant french lops who are my baby's. Within three months of their myxi vaccination some started to show signs of nodular myxi:( at present 6 are being treated for this terrible disease and i am anticipating the remainder of the group to start showing signs. If my bunsters had not of been vaccinated...well the thought is totally unimaginable to me:(
I am aware there are a number of forum members and their bunsters fighting this terrible man made virus, lots of healing vibes to you all and thoughts to the poor binky free buns who neva won their fight:(

oh no.......you have your work cut out :(
i hope your buns pull through and your well ones stay well.

six - thats awful! i have never had more than one at a time and it is full time work just with one.

best of luck for you and all of them

thankyou! trying to keep on top of it and have taken next week off from work:roll: I first noticed the symptoms on alberta sunday night and since then it's appearing in differing severity in the others:( my concern is for all but especially my little spikey he's only 6 months old so is more vulnerable than the older ones:( and yes jane i am soooo glad i vaccinated or none of them would be here now, at least by having the vaccine their chances of survival are soooo much greater.:) It is such hard work and is not just physically demanding but the emotional rollercaster is draining......Parsnipbun, sending healing vibes to hawthorn.

just come in from bunny shed and another has come down with it :(:( moody mildred was fine at lunchtime her eyes have large nodules on the sides and her genitalia is very swollen...is this the proper myxi????????? :( the others only have it on nose and ears...is this worse???

Back