• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Katie and Betsy- speying

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I have Katie in tomorrow to see if she has lost enough weight to be fit for speying. I am rather terrified about her to say the least, just in case her blood pressure has caused the eye problems all along. My vet did ask a friend who works in exotics and she said it was because Katie was overweight, but her eyes still swell up when stressed so I'm not sure if that is the full reason.

Betsy is another concern, she is 5 and I know rabbits still get speyed at that age and thankfully Betsy isn't overweight, but I'm still very stressed by it. I need some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing. The bizarre thing it that the more rabbits I get done the more worried I am about it.:?

I was thinking about doing them at the same time so that they have somebody near by as they recover and in the hope it will help towards bonding them. Is this a good idea?

Hi! Sorry I dont have much advice...my 2 gilrs have just been done & are both young.....just wanted to send vibes & perhaps it is best if you have decided to have them both done to have them done together so they are with each other...I think it helped my 2 girls....you know them better than anyone though....thinking of you!:love:

Someone will hopefully comment on ages etc....and her eyes....xxx

Back