• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how vocal is your bunny?

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
rosie was very vocal she always made a cry noise, it was her way to say she was happy and wanting mummy fusses

locks only makes a grunting sound whenever he knows its time for food

i miss rose talking to me :cry:

Awww bless her, my Tilly was abit of a chatterbox too :love: Timmy and Mimi are very quiet and Max grunts when i put his food bowl down :roll:
I miss it too :( (((hugs)))

My Dopeys have always been vocal. The rest are sporadically so, but some are completely silent. Aw.

matt buzzes when he chases bisc round... and also makes noise when he is snuffly. :(

bisc doesn't make any noises, again just snoring/wheezing etc when he is sleeping, respiratory problems. :(

i remember just after they had been neutered and bisc was buzzing so loud chasing matt, i didn't know about why then and ended up at the emergency vets telling them he sounded like he had swallowed a bee! :oops::lol:

I've never heard Sooty make any noise. I dont even get the occasional grunt:( Infact till I came on here I didn't know bunnies made a noise :oops:

matt buzzes when he chases bisc round... and also makes noise when he is snuffly. :(

bisc doesn't make any noises, again just snoring/wheezing etc when he is sleeping, respiratory problems. :(

i remember just after they had been neutered and bisc was buzzing so loud chasing matt, i didn't know about why then and ended up at the emergency vets telling them he sounded like he had swallowed a bee! :oops::lol:

awwww :lol::lol::lol:

Spenser is silent, except when chomping food! He did loud teeth-grinding the night he went into stasis, poor boy. My rabbit nephew makes a sort of humming noise - he's rather randy, and I suspect he thinks I am a very large rabbit.

jas was very vocal befor her spay and liked to wimper! steve is silent and i get the occasional noise from jas still but not half as much as i used too!

Gabby is very vocal and grunts when she sees me, when she has head rubs and when she is out in the garden. She also grinds her teeth when she is getting head rubs.

Wispa grunts when it is dinner time and so does my big boy, but he also grunts when he is out in the garden.

Basil is silent apart from the soft grinding noise he makes when he's getting cuddled. He make enough noise though in other ways because he's always digging, throwing things around or rattling the panels of his play pen:)

My boys don't make any noise.

I never knew rabbits could make a noise until one growled at me last year - and no-one believed me when I told them, until they heard it for themselves :lol:

Radish grunts and thumps at me. Sometimes she honks at me when she's excited at food times.

Waffle makes a funny grunting noise when she is grumpy and she sometimes honks when she thinks I have something tasty like a grape.

Mittens is the most 'vocal' she will squeak, Charlie buzzes - the other 2 I have never heard a sound (apart from when Oreo screamed once) :cry::cry:

tabs grumbles. she had a real mutter at me last night when i cut her toenails, trimmed some grubby fur and gave her a meal she would have liked to refuse.

Back