• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surprize Surprize look what ive got

rabbitz123

Warren Scout
Well it not an surprize but ive got an baby rabbit its an yellow dutch named pheobea shes so cute i had to take her and i think shes been handled ever since she was little as she loves sitting on my lap.However she keep peeing on me
I got her when i went to a show on sunday and i came 4th when i showed my pig apart from my trousers falling down in the ring it was all good :oops:

Anyway i can't get picture til saturday as im moving house so packed everything ill also take an picture of hartquin my hamster

question

just an quick question can rabbit eat beetroot?

and also is it okay to allow my rabbit to run in the garden until i get an run ? of course ill supervise if i can what plants are poisionous for rabbit just to check i don't have any in my garden and my new one

I give my buns a little homegrown beetroot occasionally (the wild bunny in the garden ate most of them though :shock::lol:). Never give them the ready cooked/pickled stuff from the supermarket though (that should be obvious really! :lol:).

If your rabbit is only very small, I don't think I'd be too keen on letting her free-range. Baby bunnies are ridiculously fast and can get out through the teeniest gaps. Unless your garden is fully fenced and there's no way out for her, in which case, so long as you supervise her I think she'd be ok.

As for plants, as she's only a baby, she really shouldn't be eating a lot of fresh food yet anyway so I'd stop her from chewing at anything at this stage other than a bit of grass and veggies that you know are safe. Things to watch out for in the garden are things like ivy, conifers, any plant that grows from a bulb... I can't think of anything else off the top of my head but I'm sure someone else will have a list of poisonous plants that will be useful. :)

Thanks

Okay ill leave it at what age do you think she'll be best to have free range of the garden? ill scan the garden to see if theres any gaps

i can allow her to run in the conservatory of course making sure that the tempurature is nearly the same as outside
would this be okay?

Okay ill leave it at what age do you think she'll be best to have free range of the garden? ill scan the garden to see if theres any gaps

i can allow her to run in the conservatory of course making sure that the tempurature is nearly the same as outside
would this be okay?

I don't think there's an age specifically - Just when she's a bit bigger so can't squeeze into silly places! :lol: I'd also start introducing grass gradually by picking it, so when she does go out, she doesn't get ill from eating too much at once.

I let my buns free-range a lot. My garden's fully fenced though so I don't need to worry about them getting out. :) It'd be a really good idea to check round all the edges of your garden and fill in any holes and gaps that she might be able to fit through. I'd also chop back and spiky plants before you let her out too as you can bet your last penny that she'll find a spikey bush irrisistable for hiding in! :roll::lol:

The conservatory would be an ideal place to let her exercise. :) Lots of space and she'll be safe too. :wave:

Back