PDA

View Full Version : Vibes for Cloud please/ UD Much better p 42 :)

Tuckerbunnies
13-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Last night I picked Cloud up to put her in her indoor cage as she had been out all afternoon in her play pen and she jumped out of my arms as she is a little wriggler from chest height and landed on the floor and when I checked her she was holding her left front leg up, she is no better this morning and we have rang the vet for some advice and she said she sounds as if she has bruised it and to put her on Metacam twice a day till Tuesday and she is to have cage rest and if she is no better by Tuesday to take her down.I can't begin to tell you how upset I am over this I feel awful Bless her, I haven't slept for worry. :(
Please can I have some "let it just be bruised and nothing else Vibes" else I will never forgive myself.

Hoppit!
13-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Poor darling! Tonnes of vibes for her.

Shellypops
13-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Poor you and poor cloud MILIIONS of vibes from all of us here

Jenova
13-10-2010, 04:53 PM
*lots of vibes* This happened to me with one of my chinchillas it's awful, you feel so bad but you have to tell yourself it's an accident you're not at fault. She has painkillers so don't worry too much. :)

chelle
13-10-2010, 04:57 PM
aaaaah lots & lots of vibes...xxxx

biscandmatt1
13-10-2010, 04:58 PM
lots of vibes x

Blackberry & Co
13-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Hugs and vibes xxxxx

mini lop1
13-10-2010, 05:21 PM
vibes for cloud

mini lop1
vibes for cloud

susie bun
I can fully sympathise as I have a wriggler too! Please try not to feel too guilty - accidents do happen, even to the very best of bunny parents. Sending lots of positive vibes for Cloud, and thinking of you. xx

smoo
13-10-2010, 06:54 PM
Loads of vibes for you

Indys a proper wriggler so I wrap him in a towel if I have to carry him.

hurricanhoney
13-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Sending loads of vibes for Cloud.

basirascal
13-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Poor Cloud. Try not to worry. Sending only a bruise and nothing else vibes for Cloud and try not to worry vibes for you.

happysaz133
13-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Vibes from me too, poor Cloud :(

rabbitmum
13-10-2010, 07:59 PM
both of our two are wigglies too:roll: they are always a nightmare when we try and hold them:roll: dont feel bad its just one of those things:( hoping that its just a little bruised and nothing more:)

bunny mad lisa
13-10-2010, 08:08 PM
oh no!! this has happened to me a couple of times and easily done! so try not to feel bad although thats easier said than done. with a little rest i'm sure she'll be fine..sending hugs to you both xxx

prettylupin
13-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Oh don't blame yourself... accidents happen. Years ago I left a top tier hutch door open whilst I turned round to fish out more hay from the hay box and Nino was leaning out to smell the hay.... Poppy came up behind him and gave him a nudge and he fell out smack bang onto the concrete floor - broke all his incisor teeth (knocked two out) and cut his lip! I felt absolutely awful.... so guilty.
These things happen though you know, it's an accident and no-one's fault. Wriggly bunnies can be a handful for even the most experienced bunny owners.

Sending Cloud lots of get well vibes and hope it's nothing too serious xx

thumps_
13-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Accidents happen so quickly & totally unexpectedly, especially with a fast moving wriggler of a bun. Please don't be hard on yourself. We all have near misses too - just good luck!
Everything crossed for Cloud to get well quickly.
Please let us know how she gets on.

orange
13-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Sending loads of vibes to Cloud xx

poppymoon
13-10-2010, 09:22 PM
how's cloud? and how are you?

no idea how esme hasn't been injured during the syringe feeding episode - she managed to twist and wriggle out off a bunny burrito! scared me half to death:roll:

Nicola1
13-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Sending lots of vibes, this has happened to me but I've just been lucky nothing serious has ever happened, please don't feel bad xxx

Tuckerbunnies
13-10-2010, 10:34 PM
how's cloud? and how are you?

no idea how esme hasn't been injured during the syringe feeding episode - she managed to twist and wriggle out off a bunny burrito! scared me half to death:roll:

Cloud is still holding that leg up and I've noticed she isn't moving about much, she has had some metacam today so hopefully she will have a pain free night.

I will feel a lot better when I know she is ok as it's one of the most horrible feelings there is when your bunny jumps out of your arms and hits the floor and is hurt as you just feel so awful, when she hit the floor I was hysterical and Mike made me go out the room for fear of upsetting her more but all I could think of was at the time broken bones. :(

LuceMarbles
13-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Vibes from me too - for both Cloud and yourself.

KarenM
13-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Poor Cloud. Hopefully it's just a little bruised. Try not to feel guilty though; it was an accident.

Debster
13-10-2010, 11:34 PM
So sorry about Cloud - this happened to us when Pickle was a baby, he wriggled out of my husband's arms and leapt from his shoulder. He was limping with his front paw up, though thankfully nothing was broken and some magic Metacam made it better :)

Lots of vibes for Cloud and for you, hope you both feel better tomorrow xx

Tuckerbunnies
13-10-2010, 11:38 PM
So sorry about Cloud - this happened to us when Pickle was a baby, he wriggled out of my husband's arms and leapt from his shoulder. He was limping with his front paw up, though thankfully nothing was broken and some magic Metacam made it better :)

Lots of vibes for Cloud and for you, hope you both feel better tomorrow xx

Oh I hope the magic metacam works on Cloud xx

susie bun
14-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Hope Cloud has had a good night. xx

Bunnyaddict
14-10-2010, 08:01 AM
I've only just seen this Maysie, poor Cloud & poor you :cry:

Hope your little one is feeling better this morning, sending you lots of hugs & vibes xxx

Leigh
14-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Sending vibes, and remember it was an accident, accidents happen.

My parents moved house recently and the family dog went mad rushing around looking at things. She dashed into the garden, went straight over to the pond and obviously didnt realise that she would go plunging into it and sure enough, in she went. One very shocked soggy dog later.... she hurt her front left leg and was hobbling. Dad put her on restricted walks and took her to the vet who thought it was bruised etc

Anyway this long story is leading to.... are bunnies allowed arnica? Our dog has arnica for things like the above and it seems to really help with bruising etc. You can get it as a cream but also as tablets which you might be able to crush up and sneak into some food? I really have absolutely no idea here just thinking outloud :?

Alfagirl
14-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Sending lots of vibes for you and cloud! Please don't feel awful, it was an accident, these things happen.

bunny mad lisa
14-10-2010, 02:31 PM
how's she doing today?

Tuckerbunnies
14-10-2010, 04:07 PM
how's she doing today?

Hi Lisa :wave:

still holding that leg up :(

susie bun
14-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Sending more healing vibes to the special little girl. :love:

raine
14-10-2010, 04:38 PM
Do you think she needs an x-ray before the weekend?

KarenM
14-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Has Cloud seen the vet or did the just advise over the phone?

If the metacam isn't helping with the discomfort, then maybe a vet visit tomorrow might be in order. Tuesday seems a long while to wait if it's still troubling Cloud.

It may just be badly bruised, but the vet will be able to have a feel to see if it warrants x-rays.

Sending lots more vibes. xx

Nicola1
14-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Aww sending lots of vibes still Maysie xxx

littleboots
14-10-2010, 09:53 PM
:wave:
Last night I picked Cloud up to put her in her indoor cage as she had been out all afternoon in her play pen and she jumped out of my arms as she is a little wriggler from chest height and landed on the floor and when I checked her she was holding her left front leg up, she is no better this morning and we have rang the vet for some advice and she said she sounds as if she has bruised it and to put her on Metacam twice a day till Tuesday and she is to have cage rest and if she is no better by Tuesday to take her down.I can't begin to tell you how upset I am over this I feel awful Bless her, I haven't slept for worry. :(
Please can I have some "let it just be bruised and nothing else Vibes" else I will never forgive myself.

Leigh
15-10-2010, 09:55 AM
paws crossed its bruising and nothing more serious :love:

if you take her to the vets i would ask about arnica for bunnies, i would have thought it should be safe, its a homeopathic remedy so shouldnt have any nastys in it, the cream has always worked wonders for me if ive had a stumble or fall.... i think tablets are the only way with pets though, they are quite small i think from memory so you could put one inside a sultana perhaps?

biscandmatt1
15-10-2010, 10:02 AM
lots more vibes for gorgeous cloud xxx

prettylupin
15-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Just wondering if she's seen a vet yet? I think i'd want that leg examined and Xray'd now personally if there has been no improvement despite the anti-inflammatories. :wave:

Debster
15-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Lots more vibes for Cloud - hope the leg starts improving soon

Tuckerbunnies
15-10-2010, 11:33 AM
I think the cage rest has certainly worked as this morning she is full of beans and wanting to come out and able to put her paw down, I feel so relieved. :D

Tuckerbunnies
15-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Just wondering if she's seen a vet yet? I think i'd want that leg examined and Xray'd now personally if there has been no improvement despite the anti-inflammatories. :wave:

The vet did ring us and we discussed Cloud's leg over the phone, I think had we thought at this stage that it was anything than a badly bruised leg we would have rushed her down, but Mike gave her daily check up's when she was having her meds and he was certain nothing was broken. :)

susie bun
15-10-2010, 12:20 PM
I think the cage rest has certainly worked as this morning she is full of beans and wanting to come out and able to put her paw down, I feel so relieved. :D

Brilliant, so pleased the latest news is good. :D:D:D Will she still have to stay in her cage for a few more days. Sending special love to her. :love:

bunny mad lisa
15-10-2010, 02:26 PM
yay!!! so happy to hear that!! you've taken such good care of her!!

Tuckerbunnies
15-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Brilliant, so pleased the latest news is good. :D:D:D Will she still have to stay in her cage for a few more days. Sending special love to her. :love:

Yes just to be on the safe side she will be still on cage rest till Sunday but she is not happy at all about that. :lol:

Bebopy
15-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Great news!! I'm glad Cloud feels better. xx

susie bun
15-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes just to be on the safe side she will be still on cage rest till Sunday but she is not happy at all about that. :lol:

I'm sure you are right to err on the side of caution, but you will have a very cross bunny on your hands by Sunday!

thumps_
15-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Wonderful news. I'm sooo pleased for you all.
Sending rapid recovery "thingies".

biscandmatt1
15-10-2010, 08:06 PM
glad cloud is feeling better :wave: x