• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed Diary U/D At night! 28/12

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
Well today my dad made a BIG mistake :lol: We were just chatting and he started talking about clearing out this side alley type thing with a roof over. Then he could put the stuff from the shed into their. So typical me, I haven't actually asked him....

But! I've been planning on how to make it a shed for the bunnies once their bonded :lol: I could bond them inside and if it went well put them into it so it would be neutral territory. It's just short of 7ft x 4ft and I could attach the current run which 6 x 4ft to it by some sort of cat flappy thing. So lots of space! I'm still not sure with what to do with there 6ft x 2 x 2 as if I put it in their it would take up half the space.

Im really excited and he hasn't even said yes :roll::lol: I've even been thinking about in bed and stuff :lol: I love the idea of it being nice and warm for them and that i can go and sit in their with them :love: Its a bit grotty but if i painted it im sure it would look nice, i guess the rabbits wont mind what it looks like!

Here it is:

shed013.jpg

shed012.jpg

shed011.jpg

And what they thought of it :roll: Obviously to interested in their food... hmmph
shed016.jpg

I wanna do it now! Shame I have to save up for their spaying. Then i gotta wait 6 weeks before I can bond.

So any ideas of what I can put my hutch to use for? What do you think? Oh and of course my dilemma! Would it be possible to put a run on the grass permanently, they don't dig or anything.

Thanks! :wave:

Last edited:
He said yes! We cleared out the shed and painting will commence on the weekend! :D Im happy now, anyone got any advice about the run on the grass? :wave:

Could you attach both runs together to make a super big run? Sorry if ive got the wrong end of things lol. Shed looks lovely the rabbits will love it!

Hey :) I think putting the run on the grass would be fine. My rabbit Thumper never used to dig, until he found the blanket in my room :) So I'm sure he's taken it up as a time to time hobby.
Just to make sure I'd get a row of bricks down, level with the grass so the run can sits on it. That way if your bunnies ever did learn to dig you'lj have noticed before they've had time to dig deep enough to escape out. It's easier to dig under a wooden frame then it is to dig under a wooden frame, then bricks, then the other side of the bricks, then out to surface. By the time you notice any digging you'll be able to fill before any insidences :)

Could you attach both runs together to make a super big run? Sorry if ive got the wrong end of things lol. Shed looks lovely the rabbits will love it!

I have one run for my guinea pigs and the other, yes I am going to attach it. Not really sure what you mean here, sorry :lol:

Can you put mesh under the run? That'll stop anything digging in or out :D

Jealous... I want a shed! :lol:

Can you put mesh under the run? That'll stop anything digging in or out :D

Jealous... I want a shed! :lol:

Under, hmm, well unless I rip out the grass and relay some new stuff no not really. My dad wouldn't be to impressed either :roll::lol: I could put some over the top but I really dont want to do that for their feet.

Under, hmm, well unless I rip out the grass and relay some new stuff no not really. My dad wouldn't be to impressed either :roll::lol: I could put some over the top but I really dont want to do that for their feet.

Over the top of the grass is fine aslong as it touches the ground when they hop on it, just make sure the gaps aren't small enough to get their paws stuck it :) Wire bottom hutches are a problem because they actually hover over the base I believe, correct me if I am wrong though.

Ok i can do that, and even if they're feet are sore they will have access to the shed and will also be in the shed for the night :)

If you find that for what ever reason their feet do get sore, remove the bottom wire and just make sure the hutch is firmly in place on the ground, just keep an eye out for any possible signs of torn grass or mud piles :lol:

can you put mesh around the outside of it- say 8-10 inches round the edge to stop digging in the corners??

tbh mine haven't been digging touch wood so i'm not sure if it would work

PS - I am rather jealous too that you have a shed for your bunny. There is a small bike shed next to Thumpers Hutch but mum will never let me use it, it's her gardening shed :(

Yes i could but how would i secure it down to the grass? One side under the wood panels but what about the other side?

Last edited:
can you put mesh around the outside of it- say 8-10 inches round the edge to stop digging in the corners??

tbh mine haven't been digging touch wood so i'm not sure if it would work

I could but how would I secure the end which isn't under the panels of the run?

And Laury, I was really lucky that my dad mentioned cleaning it out. He seemed to accept the idea of the rabbits in their quite quickly! Maybe save up and get your very own shed? ;):love:

I could but how would I secure the end which isn't under the panels of the run?

And Laury, I was really lucky that my dad mentioned cleaning it out. He seemed to accept the idea of the rabbits in their quite quickly! Maybe save up and get your very own shed? ;):love:

You could secure it with tent pegs :D I did with mine, they're not the strongest when holding down the wooden panel of a run but they'de be perfect for holding down the mesh :) Shey're cheap enough to buy on ebay, couple of quid for a load? deep tent pegs would be better :) Well maybe I will be just as lucky as you one day haha! I doubt mum would let me ;) I'd love to convert the ally way down the side of my house to one massive rabbit run but again, we use it :( I'm so limited at my house, my mum is very "if its not perfect, I'm very cross" very over compulsive lol:lol:

I have painted the shed and the new arrivals are coming tomorrow!! All started off with 2 guinea pigs, then 2 rabbits now 4! :lol:;)

They're both in and they gorgeous!!!! Its so dark out their, I cant wait for tomorrow, just letting them settle in their shed. I'm sooo lucky! They're both neutered, vaccinated, bonded, beautiful and they were free!! :D:D:D

Ok well heres what the shed has become. Sorry for the quality of pictures, i've been busy all day so it was dark.

Painted
Benand406.jpg

Inside
Benand405.jpg

Feeding station
Benand403.jpg

My little shelf
Benand404.jpg

An Overview
Benand402.jpg

And for the new additions, the girl is the lionhead and the boy is a dwarf lop. Their a little shy but to be expected, will win them over with food as they're both greedy guts. Name ideas very welcome!
Who me?
Benand398.jpg

Back off.
Benand399.jpg

SERIOUSLY!
Benand400.jpg

Benand401.jpg

Benand408.jpg

Benand407.jpg

Benand410.jpg

Benand409.jpg

Benand411.jpg