• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered Marble too randy to bond?

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
On Monday night Marble, whos been neutered since Feb, was introduced to Lara and was very *ahem* frisky. Lara didnt like the non stop bonking and the bonding had to be halted. We tried again with another bun but the same thing happened.

Marble is currently a very happy housebun. He lives in our living room and I am home all day with him so he is not lonely.

I am at a loss for what to do next. Should I keep trying or wait 6 months to a year for him to calm down a bit. He has just turned 1.

Hope you dont mind me asking Helen, just wanted some more opinions.

humping is a normal part of the bonding process by what i've been informed and read and is the way buns assert their dominance though, so it would happen i expect? Some buns hump more than others.

No expert, but just going on my small amount of knowledge :)

humping is a normal part of the bonding process by what i've been informed and read and is the way buns assert their dominance though, so it would happen i expect? Some buns hump more than others.

No expert, but just going on my small amount of knowledge :)

It is I know but Marble humped non stop from 7.30pm till 4am when poor Lara was at her wits end and a fight broke out.

It is I know but Marble humped non stop from 7.30pm till 4am when poor Lara was at her wits end and a fight broke out.

oooooooookay!

*bows out* :)

Sorry, that was a long old humping session! Poor Lara! :shock:

I'll watch this thread though, as i'm about to bond this weekend and can imagine my luck... :lol:

Hi Becky

No, I don't mind you asking at all. It would be good to hear other people's experiences with a persistant bonker.

For the folks on here who might have experienced similar and have advice for Becky, Lara was very gentle and actually would have bonded very nicely with Marble - she washed him on quite a number of occasions but when Marble kept on mounting her relentlessly, and then began nipping into the bargain, Lara just decided that she didn't want any more of it. We stopped it and restarted (took them out and put them back in together following topping and tailing) 3 times before calling it a day. We then tried him with a 4kg French Lop called Daisyboots, who mounted him. He stopped momentarily and then proceeded to try his luck with her - that was never going to happen so topping and tailing started there too.

All ideas on what Becky should do gratefully recieved. We have a number of girl buns we could try, but wonder if he is just so excited about a woman, that he'll just carry on doing it.

Could it be bonding in a rescue, with all the smells there?
Didn't Alison have a bonker?

We did wonder about the smells of other buns because for the first time ever I started two bondings at the same time. Don't normally but know that Janice does/did all the time with no ill effects.

The other pair are bonding quite happily so they weren't put off by any smells. If Becky decides that she wants to try again in a few weeks, we'll just do Marble and friend to see if it makes a difference.

I do all the bondings indoors away from the rabbits outside, however Cecily is in the same room. This hasn't stopped any of the other bondings recently from working though. It must of course be considered as a possible cause.

Might this be a candidate for dating bonding? Whe Lightning was humping the others senseless I separated them overnight because I was worried about him hurting his little willy (so check Marble's bits if you haven't already). When they want back together the next day there was much reduced mounting, and that also carried on reducing over the following days.

Might that be worth a try?

We've had a similar problem one buck went home on his own as was almost collapsing and had a very sore willy from non stop humping
the other is still here but driving the very patient doe mad:(

One word. Grimlock. :shock:
I thought he was unbondable after he pulled the fur out of two rabbit's necks. He unfortunately had to have his front teeth removed and obviously this stopped him from fur pulling the ladies. I though great I'll get him a girlie bun friend, luckily Samus was the perfect girl for him.

He was still as humpy as ever but she bit him every time he did it. At first he became scared of her and would try to run and hide, but eventually he got the message that she was only going to bite him if he humped her. And he stopped. Two months after they were bonded it began again. He was humping her incessantly and she started to bite him again. he became scared and would hide on my bed, too worried to even leave it to go to the toilet... with unpleasant results. I stuck them both back in the dog crate and bonded again. Samus told him off, he finally understood and they've been happy ever since.

I think with horny buns you need a strong female who's not afraid to tell them to stop. I also think you have to let them have the fight so that the male knows his place. But most important, I think is the nature of the two rabbits, if they can understand each other. :)

Might this be a candidate for dating bonding? Whe Lightning was humping the others senseless I separated them overnight because I was worried about him hurting his little willy (so check Marble's bits if you haven't already). When they want back together the next day there was much reduced mounting, and that also carried on reducing over the following days.

Might that be worth a try?

Oh yes, Marble had a very sore winky from rubbing himself up.:oops:

One word. Grimlock. :shock:
I thought he was unbondable after he pulled the fur out of two rabbit's necks. He unfortunately had to have his front teeth removed and obviously this stopped him from fur pulling the ladies. I though great I'll get him a girlie bun friend, luckily Samus was the perfect girl for him.

He was still as humpy as ever but she bit him every time he did it. At first he became scared of her and would try to run and hide, but eventually he got the message that she was only going to bite him if he humped her. And he stopped. Two months after they were bonded it began again. He was humping her incessantly and she started to bite him again. he became scared and would hide on my bed, too worried to even leave it to go to the toilet... with unpleasant results. I stuck them both back in the dog crate and bonded again. Samus told him off, he finally understood and they've been happy ever since.

I think with horny buns you need a strong female who's not afraid to tell them to stop. I also think you have to let them have the fight so that the male knows his place. But most important, I think is the nature of the two rabbits, if they can understand each other. :)

Can't do that (and don't really agree that bunnies should be allowed to fight to learn any heirachy either). The topping and tailing was already developing and could have ended in injury if we hadn't intervened. As it is, Marble got a cut in his ear for his trouble. It might be a different matter if both of the rabbits are being bonded by the person who owns them, but I won't put Lara or any other rescue bunny at risk of injury from a fight and I certainly wouldn't risk Marble who belongs to Becky.

Sorry I didn't realise how serious it was. When I said fight I meant to the extent of fur pulling. I agree with you with what you did.

Sorry I didn't realise how serious it was. When I said fight I meant to the extent of fur pulling. I agree with you with what you did.

Don't worry. I always allow fur pulling if it looks like a bit of gentle chasing, but when it gets to the stage of bunnies about to lock on to each other, then I always halt it.

Thank you all for your thoughts and thank you Helen for explaining it better than I had.

I think I would like to try again in a few weeks and then if it still doesnt work perhaps leave it for a while till he matures a bit more. I agree with Helen 100% about not letting them fight it out, I wouldnt want that for Marble or any of the ladies he meets.

Marble is such a lovely, friendly, gentle bun who just got too excited.

Back