• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

B had an xray & daily injections....

willowholly

Mama Doe
Took Barley & Dill to have their VHD & mentioned she was dribbling urine.On examination she was in pain,so she had an x ray.They took 2 because they saw something abnormal,but decided it was a shadow rather than a mass.Good news is she has no stones so vet says there is no need for her to be on a low calcium diet anymore.She gave her an injection of metacam & one of Baytril.I was meant to give her a weeks worth of Baytril orally but she put up such a fight I was scared of hurting her,so,3 days later,we decided to take her to vets for daily injections.That has now finished.She is still incontinent but not dribbling like she was.We are going to leave her for a while to see how she goes.Will take them back for their VHD at the end of the month & discuss things more then if im still not happy.I wonder if she should have had a blood test.Vet doesn't think its E conic as no other symptoms.Are there any side effects of Baytril?

dont know about side affects of baytril:?...did she start dribbling urine after she was spayed? has she been spayed?it could be a uti....:?how old is she?
could be old age...could be just unlucky enough to have a weak bladder...

I'm assuming they had a good look at her teeth? What did they take the x-ray of? How is she eating at the moment, is she getting plenty of hay?

I've never heard of any side effects of Baytril, hopefully someone will come along with more experience.

I'm sorry,I've not made it very clear-she was dribbling urine.She also suffers from regular cystitis.They have took her off her low calcium diet as bones looked dense on xray when they should be bright white.Her water works have never been good.

dont know about side affects of baytril:?...did she start dribbling urine after she was spayed? has she been spayed?it could be a uti....:?how old is she?
could be old age...could be just unlucky enough to have a weak bladder...

She was spayed at 5 months,she is now 4 years old.Shes had problems with her bladder since she was handled roughly during an xray for muscle weakness when she was only a few months old,but after her spay.This may just be a coincidence.She hasn't had a severe bout since feb 2009.

I'm sorry,I've not made it very clear-she was dribbling urine.She also suffers from regular cystitis.They have took her off her low calcium diet as bones looked dense on xray when they should be bright white.Her water works have never been good.

I'm sorry, I'm an idiot and can't read. :oops: Ignore me. I have no advice, hoping someone more helpful comes along soon.

Back