• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm just finding it all soul destroying

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I coped on automatic pilot for a couple of days after losing Little Dot, I'd had a sense of foreboding for weeks so I think this was the lightening strike I'd been preparing myself for. I had thought it must be my 'turn' again any time soon :cry::cry: Now I've come out of that I realise just what we've lost :cry::cry::cry: Not only was she perfect for Elijah she was just perfect generally. I just can't believe we found such a treasure only to lose her so soon afterwards.

Elijah ran away from me banging his feet and giving a moany noise last night I had to leave him as he didn't want me there :cry: I went to see him half an hour later and he was pleased to see me. We spent ages together and he washed my face for ages, but he wouldn't let me wrap myself round him like I used to - I still wonder if he thinks I'm a rabbit murderer.

Anyhows, I'm not really in the mood to search again but Elijah has lived solo since he arrived and he NEEDS a bonded companion. I must do it for him. I found a chocolate mini lop doe only 20 miles away on RR and it took some courage but I enquired. Heart beats fast every time I look at me e-mails ... and, she's decided to keep her. 24 hours later the advert is still there :evil: It takes all my strength enquiring without chasing wild geese and having false hope. The same has just happened on Preloved. Orange and white mini lop. I actually enquired about the same bunny before I found Dot. I enquired and she went to her new home a month ago :censored: Take the adverts off for goodness sake this is torture :cry::cry:

So, here we go again, I'm searching out a precious mini lop girl of a year or so old. (Rescue or in genuine need only - NOT from breeder or pet shop).

Aww hun, sorry you are having such a tough time :( The perfect somebun is waiting for you somewhere & when you find her you'll know it was meant to be :) I hope you find her soon & Elijah loves his new wifey bun.

Hugs to you :wave:

Aww hun, sorry you are having such a tough time :( The perfect somebun is waiting for you somewhere & when you find her you'll know it was meant to be :) I hope you find her soon & Elijah loves his new wifey bun.

Hugs to you :wave:

:love::love: Thank you.

:cry::cry::cry: I really feel for you Alison. Life is so unfair sometimes.

Elijah still loves you, I'm sure. He probably just senses something is wrong, and of course will be wondering where Little Dot has gone to as well. You're not a rabbit murderer - nothing could be further from the truth. You did your utmost for Dot, as you always do for all your buns, but it just wasn't to be.

You've probably already done so, but have you spoken to Denise or Sue to see whether there might be any suitable ladies at Kirkby?

:cry::cry::cry: I really feel for you Alison. Life is so unfair sometimes.

Elijah still loves you, I'm sure. He probably just senses something is wrong, and of course will be wondering where Little Dot has gone to as well. You're not a rabbit murderer - nothing could be further from the truth. You did your utmost for Dot, as you always do for all your buns, but it just wasn't to be.

You've probably already done so, but have you spoken to Denise or Sue to see whether there might be any suitable ladies at Kirkby?

Thanks as ever, Karen.

I showed Little Dot to Elijah and he was very distressed. I think that's why he's wary of me. I considered them though not bonded to have affection for each other so I felt he needed to know. Perhaps because they weren't actually bonded I did the wrong thing. I know I did all I could but I wish Elijah knew that too.

I was going to start ringing round last night but I thought I'd give the little girl on Preloved a go as she had been waiting for a home for about 4 months - turns out she was already taken, but I only got the reply this morning. I'll start the search properly tonight if I have the strength. Before I got Dot FHB asked if she should tell me of anyone she came across, so I shall put the word out there as well.

I'm sorry your having such a tough time, and hope you find a suitable partner for Elijah soon. I don't know anything about bonding, but perhaps a small rabbit who is not necessarily a mini-lop would be equally suitable. Sending best wishes to you and poor Elijah.

I showed Little Dot to Elijah and he was very distressed. I think that's why he's wary of me. I considered them though not bonded to have affection for each other so I felt he needed to know. Perhaps because they weren't actually bonded I did the wrong thing. I know I did all I could but I wish Elijah knew that too.

You were only doing what you thought was best in the situation; you weren't to know how Elijah would react.

I think, just as with anything that's given them a scare, it will just take a little time - it's a completely different thing but Bubbles was scared stiff by a low flying plane just after she moved in with us and, for a little while after she would just freeze every time she heard one. I thought she was going to end up having a heart attack and die :shock: but she gradually got used to the noise and soon took no notice at all.

I'm waffling now :oops: but just trying to say that Elijah will forget with time.

I am so sorry you are going through this heartbreaking time, thinking of you :( I don't know what to feel anymore, I've lost 3 bunnies this year and I'm worried I'm going to lose another one, it's hard.

Yes s
she is ready, speyed and fully vacs and I think she would bond easily

Thanks Jill.

I'm really interested in her. I'm an emotional mess right now and have to go to work soon but will be thinking it over. Apologies for being so indecisive

Added at 19:40. I need to give it a few more days as things are just too raw at the moment and I'm considering bonding him with existing bunnies instead of taking on another. But I may well feel differently when I've churned everything over again.

Last edited:
I am so sorry you are going through this heartbreaking time, thinking of you :( I don't know what to feel anymore, I've lost 3 bunnies this year and I'm worried I'm going to lose another one, it's hard.

My heart goes out to you, 3 in such a short space of time :cry::cry:. It's incredibly hard to deal with. It doesn't seem to matter how well you care for them either, they are just so fragile.

I've pretty much decided after being under so much stress again today that I won't be going back up to 6 as I just can't take the stress of keeping them well. Maybe if Artie and Rudy didn't have so many problems, but not with them as they are.

At the moment the most likely outcome is bringing Elijah in to be with Esme and Artie, he won't stay in a room on his own, he deserves so much better.

It's just a week (more or less to the minute) since I learnt Dot had gone to the bridge, I think I was trying too hard anyway, we all needed more time to adjust.

Back