• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing Photos Wanted

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking for some housing photos to fill up the housing gallery on my personal bunny site. Any and all types of setup - indoors/outdoors, crates, hutches, sheds, spare rooms, playhouse, custom build stuff etc. Things to inspire new bunny owners.

If you have some pictures could you send me your three best ones plus a description of your setup to info@therabbithouse.com or if you post them here we can turn it into a sticky too :D

Thank you!
Tamsin

The Little Boys side of the aviary (there is a lid on the garden section):

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010041.jpg

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010043.jpg

The Big Boys side of the aviary (it comes further forward than it shows in the photo, plus they also have a garden extension on the front):

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010048.jpg

Mine probably aren't much use for website use, but here you go anyway.

Indoor Bunny.

projectplaypen15.jpg

projectplaypen16.jpg

These pictures are about a month old and slightly different to how i have it right now, but gives the basic idea. This is just for during the day as the room isn't 100% bunny proofed. Free range time from 5:30pm - midnight every day. Free-range all day Saturday/Sunday while we're in :)

Ooh Ooh I'll take some pics of the new aviary that OH made tonight and post em tomorrow! (been dying to show off his handywork)! x

DSCF7764700x525-1.jpg

DSCF7762700x525.jpg

Alfie and Bubbles's aviary. The shed section is 4ft x 4ft, and the run is 8ft x 4ft, giving 12ft x 4ft total floor space.

The aviary is 6ft tall at the front, sloping to 5.5ft at the back, so no bumping your head on the ceiling when you walk in :shock: unlike with the dog kennels that are around 5ft. :lol::lol:

A clear tarpaulin across the front keeps the rain/wind out in colder weather and guttering along the back (leading into a water butt) stops the rain from coming in under the back wall.

Oh, if only it all still looked so neat and pristine (without a single strand of hay on the gravel). :lol::lol: If I took photos now, it'd be completely different. :oops:

Sure, my sweethearts made a big mess out of their hutch last night.. I'll take some new pictures after cleaning up this afternoon.. :lol:

IMG_0113.JPG

So this is their villa.. I prefer it a bit bigger, especially now I have three, but I think it's okay. It 260 by 55 cm, times two. It's supposed to be two hutches in one, we used to have two bucks not living together. When we bonded Fred & Feline about a year ago, we removed one of the stairs (and obviously closed the hole :lol:) and connected the two sides together. My uncle made it, about 20 years ago. As you can see it needs some work now, we already started replacing the.. I think it's called mesh?

Of course that's not all the space they have.. We "rabbit-prooved" our garden, well, most of it:

IMG_8913.JPG

IMG_8925.JPG

As soon as I arrive home, I open their hutch and they can run around the whole area you see in the pictures above. Usually they have the whole afternoon and evening. In weekends the morning too.

I don't think our cage is really website worthy, but I will pop them up in any case. It is a 3 level NIC condo - the top two levels hold the guinea pigs, and the bottom one acts as the buns home base. Each level is 6ft x 2.5ft. They then have access to an additional 6ft x 8ft.

The cage;
011-14.jpg

Inside, fleece area;
001-8.jpg

Inside, kitchen area;
004-8.jpg

This is Spenser's Ryedale hutch. Not as imaginative as some as the other set-ups, but I was a first-time bunny-owner with zero DIY skills. I only know how to add one photo to a post, but will see if I can edit in some more pics.

P4230331.jpg

Here are his stairs - quite steep as seems to be true of most ready-made hutches.

P4150326.jpg

And here is the hutch-shutter. To be honest I haven't used it yet, but might do so if he stays out in the winter.

P4150327.jpg

Last edited:
This is my brand new, built an hour ago set up...
Double kennel:
IMAG0072.jpg

Both kennels are like this inside, with hole out to the run:
IMAG0073.jpg

My family of 3 (was 4) has the following run attached via a tunnel into their hutch. The run is 20ft x 12ft:
IMAG0054.jpg

In the stable I have the following set up, except you can't see the mounted hutch that leads to the run:
IMAG0061.jpg

The two pairs in the stable have separate runs on grass too. One 9x6 and one 8x4. And in the top of the hutch you can see Newt and Ripley.... (HELLO! :wave:)

Last edited:
Not the best set up, but still not complete for what I want to do.

094b.jpg

Gabby's shed, need a lot doing to it still.
095cz.jpg

Inside Gabby's shed, still loads to do :(
097g.jpg

Wispa's hutch
098vg.jpg

Big bunnies hutch.

Still have so much to do before it is all done and a lot of bonding and neutering and spaying to do :(
My plan was to have a trio, but not sure that is going to happen as my new bunny is a boy and was told he was a girl. But anyway, I was going to have one of the 6ft hutches in the shed, and have all three together. If that doesn't happen, I think Wispa will stay in his hutch and get him a girlfriend, and bond the other two and still have a hutch in the shed. Also I was going to have one of the runs coming off the shed, with a dog flap. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Also forgot to say, if Wispa is to stay in his hutch then I will get him an extension to his run, to give him more freedom.
And they all get to free range in the garden, apart from Wispa, as he is a pain to catch him.

Wow batmobile! And wow to the rest as well. Such lucky buns! I'll have to see if I have some pics of Bill & Jack's set up.

Thank you. :oops: WE Were lucky enough to move somewhere with a field&stable. We're not horsey people so I bagsied one bit for buns. This is 2 years of saving too&some useful farmer friends. My hobby is buns so all my wages go on them-and wine&pizza for me. The dogs sleep on the sofas so don't need lavish stuff. My set UPS ate not as pretty or neat as most on here;) my buns love mess.

I have playhouses with attached runs:

P040710_203901.jpg

P150710_190202.jpg

This one is a Happy Hutch 6 x 2 x 2 with 6 x 4 run attached to a playhouse:

P150810_1857.jpg

With night time shutters:

P060910_0734.jpg

Back