• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not all buns are cuddly are they

kirst25

Alpha Buck
I was laid on the floor with soph tonight and for the 1st time since being spayed she let me kinda have cuddles and she put her head under my chin for 2 secs...I love cuddling up to her and interacting with her all the time but disheartens me when she won't let me touch her at all for maybe a full day

No, they're not all cuddly. My bun loved me to play with him when he was young & like young children was far more interested in sussing out his environment & what he could do with it.

As he grew older he became the biggest softee. He HATES being picked up on on a soft surface so I get down on the floor with him. Now he'll purr as soon as I stroke him, & at bed time he licks my face all over!

Nope 'fraid not! But that's rabbits for you.

I have two rescue buns. One who is so terrified of people it's taken over 2 years to be able to just stroke her on the ground and it actually be enjoyed, and another who is the friendliest bun in the world but never really likes a stroke, hates being picked up and bites like a little crocodile!
The only time I get cuddles here is if bunny is poorly.... but we don't want that. :D

Definitely not! You might find they're more snuggly if you get down to their level - Oidhche doesn't like being picked up but if you get on the floor beside her she's very happy to get a stroke. Food bribes work well too ;)

my bif was so badly treated before rescue but any sign of even mild affection meant the world.
berties a big snuggle bug....BUT only when hes in the mood:lol::lol:

merlin used to love a cuddle too but hes got very nervy since we lost salem then bif:(
but hes bonded with bertie...and is now back to asking for nosey rubs.

i like to think of buns as pseudo cats....then you can appreciate signs of affection more. Whereas 9 times out of 10 a dog will be happy to wag a tail and give you affection.

but not all pets feel safe and comfotable enough...EVER....but knowing theure safe loved and cared for..just to spend time with them letting you is good too.

my mums jealous of bertie...when hes in a snuggle mood you ask him for a kiss..and he does..on the lips...be frenchied by a frenchie who can smell food on your breath is pretty scary!!!:lol::lol:

Louie likes you to lie on the floor with him and enjoys cuddles, massage and nose rubs but he hates being picked up.

I'd love for him to sit on my lap in the evening but he just panics :(

Biscuit will NOT be picked up under any circumstances, except mini-stasis episodes, so we always know when he's not well. he kicks, scratches, bites and struggles so we don't put him through the stress any more unless 100% necessary (escaping his pen being one of them...:roll:)

BUT he is the most affectionate bun i've ever owned (not that i've had loads). He will come to you for nose rubs, strokes, lay on your feet and flop out and actually fall asleep :lol: He's also a very licky bunny and will sit and lick every square inch of you for absolutely ages...but then he does also lick floors, walls, doors, sofa's, tv stands, pen panels, lino, door frames, skirting boards, toys etc.

I think he may be slightly insane, so he fits in well here :)

Ginger on the other hand, begs to be picked up and cuddled and will jump up to you to get those cuddles. She doesn't overly like being stroked/nose rubbed for long periods of time, but i think thats because she is still sussing things out, as she hasn't been here long. She's never licked me or my OH, but has 'claimed' my OH as her 'toy'. If OH lies on the floor, Ginger is straight to it, jumps on her back and clambers all over her, on her head also :roll: and stands on her back to periscope and try and chew her hair... :lol:

Gotta love bunnies :love:

Enjoy how Sophie spends her time and just lay on the floor with her, let her explore you, she'll be comfortable around you and then may well become more affectionate to you, then again, she might not. Just enjoy the fact she's happy and safe and spoilt rotten :)

Spenser only lets me have a cuddle if he is poorly! :( He is a little better at being picked up, but try to hold him longer than he feels secure and I soon feel the proof of his sharp teeth. :shock:

Reggie hates being picked up and I don't think he particularly likes being stroked either. He won't take food from my hands. But bring him indoors and pop him up on the sofa with me and he is a different bunny! I got tooth purrs and he was climbing all over me. On the floor he just doesn't want to know.

Ruby begs to be picked up. She likes being cuddled and stroked And has nonproblem with me walking round cuddling her. If I ignore her she sometimes scratches my ankles!

Back