• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fab advice!

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
I went into the pet shop today to look for a brush for Ogs. I was halfway through telling the petshop person about Oggie and his full on moult when a man came up and said the best way to get rabbits to finish moulting is to limit their hay and food intake... He said that I should only give him a handful of hay a day and only a little bit of food :shock:

I said that Ogs would probably eat me alive If I only gave him that much food! His jaw nearly fell to the ground when I said Oggies cage is basically FULL of hay!

I felt so sorry for his bunnies :shock: Shows you how stupid/misguided some people can be!

I'm guessing there's no need to worry about a moult anymore, if you feed your rabbit only that much. You can worry about stasis then. Must admit: Dead rabbits don't moult.

:evil: what a :censored::censored::censored::censored:'ing :censored::censored::censored: :(

His poor bunnies, a bunny uses more energy during a moult, so if anything, i give a small amount more to allow them to burn that extra off.

As Dollie says, you can worry about stasis and dead bunnies instead then :cry:

Back