PDA

View Full Version : Toby - Lymington Bunny - At Peace Now - PM Results

The Duchess
12-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Can you please send some soothing peaceful energy to one of the little Lymington bunnies who is very ill.

I have no photo, but he's a lovely sandy coloured longhaired lionhead being fostered by one of my friends for me.

His little body seems to have had enough.

Only just got his new start and it seems it may have come too late for him.

Thank you.

Snowy
12-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Reiki being sent, I will ask Jane Dexter to send some as well, hope the little man picks up soon

attilathebun
12-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Aww bless, I will hold him in my thoughts tonight and send some reiki healing vibes his way. Get well soon little man :)

areia
12-10-2010, 10:43 PM
being sent his way you can do it lil guy :love:

janice
12-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Thinking of Toby and his foster mummy, may his passing be peaceful.

It seems so unfair the amount of health problems these poor buns have had to endure.

angeleyes
12-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Sending soothing peaceful energy and vibes Helen xx

susieb1
12-10-2010, 10:48 PM
Truck loads of vibes for Toby xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rhianna
12-10-2010, 10:52 PM
I'll send him some reiki distant healing before I go to sleep. I have a soft spot for the Lymington buns because of my special Furby bun.

Santa
12-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Oh no not another one, how heartbreaking :( Gentle hugs for little Toby xxx

The Duchess
12-10-2010, 11:15 PM
We are hoping that the universe has other plans for him and that he will make it through, but it doesn't look good. He has totally shut down but is very peaceful just now.

Poor flipping rabbits - it was so unnecessary for there to be this suffering (although I stress that Toby isn't actually suffering - he's had pain relief and everything else he needs). So many of these bunnies have issues. This little chap hasn't even had a sniff at a new life yet.

georgie_f
13-10-2010, 01:46 AM
We are hoping that the universe has other plans for him and that he will make it through, but it doesn't look good. He has totally shut down but is very peaceful just now.

Poor flipping rabbits - it was so unnecessary for there to be this suffering (although I stress that Toby isn't actually suffering - he's had pain relief and everything else he needs). So many of these bunnies have issues. This little chap hasn't even had a sniff at a new life yet.

:cry: Poor wee guy. I hope very much that he'll take a turn for the better Helen, but if not, I hope he'll continue to be peaceful 'til the end.

I'm sure the time he's spent with his fosterer has been the best bit of his life so far though, even if he hasn't had the chance to find his forever home, I bet he's been very happy since he left Lymington. :love:

Loxxy
13-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Aww :cry: poor little Toby, sending loads of hugs his way.

Coineanach
13-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Sending millions of vibes for Toby, hope he pulls through XX

Jack's-Jane
13-10-2010, 06:53 AM
:cry:

I am sorry I missed this last night. I hope that he remained peaceful overnight.

:cry:

xx

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
13-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Nose rubs and vibes coming his way :love:

The Duchess
13-10-2010, 08:09 AM
He passed in the night.

Binky free Toby.

orange
13-10-2010, 08:12 AM
That is so sad.:(

Binky free Toby

parsnipbun
13-10-2010, 08:13 AM
so sorry - he did have some days of freedom and love at least

Bunnyaddict
13-10-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm so sorry - it's just so, so sad that when he finally had chance of happiness that his little body couldn't cope :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Binky free lil man, sleep tight poppet xxx

Blackberry & Co
13-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Binky free, Toby xxxxx

GrahamL
13-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Binky free Toby.

At least he was able to feel love before it was his time.

halfpenny
13-10-2010, 08:43 AM
It seems sad that quite a few of these buns are passing after being saved, but I believe that their little bodies are relaxing and allowing them to pass on. So at least they have been given that calmness and care to be able to let go. Sorry to hear about Toby.

Hugo's There
13-10-2010, 08:50 AM
I am so sorry :(

Binky free Toby, find Berol and have fun together xxx

susie bun
13-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Sorry I missed all this. Binky free little man.

The Duchess
13-10-2010, 08:57 AM
I am so sorry :(

Binky free Toby, find Berol and have fun together xxx

I am sure he will do just that Liz.

I am so upset, even though I only knew him for a very short time. He went to foster on the night he came to us and I saw him only once since as he was in good hands getting him well enough to be neutered.

These bunnies just seem to have gotten under our skins.

There is going to be a PM if possible to see if there is anything congenital with his heart.

I so hope that all the others go on to live much, much longer.

Fluffers
13-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Binky free little Toby, in a better place now xx

Snowy
13-10-2010, 09:05 AM
He passed in the night.

Binky free Toby.

I am so sorry, at least he got the chance of love, binky free Toby xx

Loxxy
13-10-2010, 09:07 AM
So sorry to hear about Tony, binky free little bun

The Duchess
13-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Just got back from Ivan the vet and he has already done the PM. It was a liver lobe torsion.

BeatrixPotter
13-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh Helen I'm so sorry.:cry:

Binky free Toby.

Bunny Buddy
13-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Just got back from Ivan the vet and he has already done the PM. It was a liver lobe torsion.

:cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry. I wonder if this condition is actually a lot more common than is believed but so few people have postmortems done. At least he died in a loving environment and not out in a cold dirty hutch.

sugarlump
13-10-2010, 11:15 AM
So sorry for your loss x
:love: Binky free toby:love:

Alfagirl
13-10-2010, 11:16 AM
I'm so sorry.:(
Binky free little Toby.

The Duchess
13-10-2010, 11:30 AM
:cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry. I wonder if this condition is actually a lot more common than is believed but so few people have postmortems done. At least he died in a loving environment and not out in a cold dirty hutch.

Quite possibly. More common I believe in overweight rabbits and those that suffer stress. I don't know enough about it but I am going to read up on it today.

Poor fella. His deterioration happened so quickly but at least he had everything he needed with him, and wasn't in pain. He drifted off sometime between 1am and 3am this morning.

I still keep thinking about how many of these rabbits would simply have died in their hutches from cancers and the like if the woman hadn't asked for help. Thank goodness it was a different ending for them.

bunnymadhouse
13-10-2010, 01:37 PM
only just seen this .. so sorry :(

chelle
13-10-2010, 03:18 PM
so sorry....rest in peace little Toby....xxx

Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns
13-10-2010, 04:14 PM
So so sorry :cry:

At least he experianced love and kindness and was out of that hell hole before he passed to the bridge...

Binky Free Toby :love:

Bink
13-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Binky free little man xx

nursecroft
13-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Quite possibly. More common I believe in overweight rabbits and those that suffer stress. I don't know enough about it but I am going to read up on it today.

Poor fella. His deterioration happened so quickly but at least he had everything he needed with him, and wasn't in pain. He drifted off sometime between 1am and 3am this morning.

I still keep thinking about how many of these rabbits would simply have died in their hutches from cancers and the like if the woman hadn't asked for help. Thank goodness it was a different ending for them.

I thought this, thankgoodness they are out of there and at least comfortable. Poor little Toby :cry:

raine
13-10-2010, 06:36 PM
So sad. Poor Toby.

BinkyBun
13-10-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm so sorry. Binky free little Toby xx

hurricanhoney
13-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Sleep tight little one :(

helgalush
13-10-2010, 09:36 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Toby :cry:

Sleep tight Toby.

Santa
13-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Awwww, how sad, poor Toby :( I'm quite certain he would want to say THANK YOU for rescuing him and giving him the chance to live out his final weeks in cleanliness, peace and comfort. It does make you wonder how common Liver Lobe Tortion is though doesn't it - much like VHD, do people's bunnies just die and they never find out why :(

I don't know enough about it but I am going to read up on it today.

Richard Saunders has done some work on this - he spoke about it at the conference and I seem to recall he said that he thinks it is more common than is diagnosed but also as there seems to be a batch in the south west among certain breeds of buns, he thinks it has a strong genetic connection that causes an odd shape to the liver which makes it more likely to twist: do you have a set of his notes?

The Duchess
13-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Awwww, how sad, poor Toby :( I'm quite certain he would want to say THANK YOU for rescuing him and giving him the chance to live out his final weeks in cleanliness, peace and comfort. It does make you wonder how common Liver Lobe Tortion is though doesn't it - much like VHD, do people's bunnies just die and they never find out why :(

Richard Saunders has done some work on this - he spoke about it at the conference and I seem to recall he said that he thinks it is more common than is diagnosed but also as there seems to be a batch in the south west among certain breeds of buns, he thinks it has a strong genetic connection that causes an odd shape to the liver which makes it more likely to twist: do you have a set of his notes?

Ivan concurs and pretty much, when a bun dies quietly from this, an owner, unless a really interested, pro research one, is going to just bury or cremate the animal. So as you say, vets don't see it. Ivan did actually seem grateful for the opportunity to see this during the PM (if you know what I mean by that).

I didn't get the notes, no, and didn't get to see any of the lectures becuase of the MMC duties. Jo did though so I will see if I can borrow them. Very interesting.

kaths101
13-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Sleep tight Toby, although you didnt have a life you deserved at the start, at least you were loved very much in your last days here.
Binky free at Rainbow Bridge little man xx

Thank heavens the rescue took place - just think how much suffering these poorly buns would have endured x

Coineanach
13-10-2010, 10:27 PM
:cry: Binky free Toby, you're free from it all now.